Re: FAQ.html and MANUAL.html, was Re: fwd: Re: Re: Please review changed man-file of w3m

Hello Justin,

Justin B Rye schrieb am 27. Februar 2016 um 17:01

> There hasn't been any response to my report of ACCESSKEY causing
> segfaults, either (#779092).  Sorry I never got round to doing any
> more reviewing passes on those files...

I think, meanwhile you recieved mails concernig the ACCESSSKEY-bug.

I made preliminary translations of the manual pages and of FAQ.html,
MANUAL.html and README.func.

In MANUAL.html, You remarked in a TODO-line that default- and
lynx-like keybinding and function description shall become one single
section.

When preparing the translations (internationalisation) with the po4a
and translation-toolkit, I discovered differences in the descriptions
for one single function. To get consistent descriptions, I created a
spreadsheet file. Where we have a choice of descriptions, perpaps you
would like decide which description is the best. See attached csv-file

FUNCTION,FUNCTION,DESCRIPTION,DESCRIPTION,DESCRIPTION,DESCRIPTION,DESCRIPTION
,from w3mfunc-desc,from README.func,from w3mfunc-desc,from help_1,from manual_defaultkeybinding,from manual_lynxkeybinding

Example for reading the table

ADD_BOOKMARK                   the function's name
Add current page to bookmarks  description in README.func
Add current page to bookmark   description in w3m's help panel
Bookmark current page          description in MANUAL.html, Section default keybindings
Bookmark current page          description in MANUAL.html, Section default keybindings

Best regards
Markus
FUNCTION,FUNCTION,DESCRIPTION,DESCRIPTION,DESCRIPTION,DESCRIPTION,DESCRIPTION
,from w3mfunc-desc,from README.func,from w3mfunc-desc,from help_1,from manual_defaultkeybinding,from manual_lynxkeybinding
,,,,,,
ABORT,,Quit w3m without confirmation,,0,0,0
ACCESSKEY,,Pop up accesskey menu,,0,0,0
ADD_BOOKMARK,,Add current page to bookmarks,,Add current page to bookmark,Bookmark current page,Bookmark current page
ALARM,,Set alarm,,Set alarm,0,0
BACK,,Back to previous buffer,,Back to previous buffer,"Go back, `popping' the buffer stack","Go back, `popping' the buffer stack"
BEGIN,,Go to the first line,,Go to the first line,Go to the first line,Go to the first line
BOOKMARK,,View bookmarks,,0,Go to the bookmarks page,Go to the bookmarks page
CENTER_H,,Move to the center line,,Move to the center line,Center on cursor column,Center on cursor column
CENTER_V,,Move to the center column,,Move to the center column,Center on cursor line,Center on cursor line
CHARSET,,Change the current document charset,,Change the current document charset,0,0
CLOSE_TAB,,Close current tab,,Close current tab,Close current tab,Close current tab
CLOSE_TAB_MOUSE,,Close tab on mouse cursor (for mouse action),,0,0,0
COMMAND,,Execute w3m command(s),,Execute w3m command(s),Invoke w3m function,Invoke w3m function
COOKIE,,View cookie list,,View cookie list,Show cookie jar,Show cookie jar
DEFAULT_CHARSET,,Change the default document charset,,Change the default document charset,0,0
DEFINE_KEY,,Define a binding between a keystroke and a user command,,Define a binding between a key stroke and a user command,0,0
DELETE_PREVBUF,,Delete previous buffer (mainly for local-CGI),,0,0,0
DICT_WORD,,Execute dictionary command (see README.dict),,Execute dictionary command (see README.dict),0,0
DICT_WORD_AT,,Execute dictionary command for word at cursor,,Execute dictionary command for word at cursor,0,0
DISPLAY_IMAGE,,Restart loading and drawing of images,,Restart loading and drawing of images,0,0
DOWN,,Scroll down one line,,Scroll down one line,Scroll screen down one line,Scroll screen down one line
DOWNLOAD,,Save document (source) to file,,0,0,0
DOWNLOAD_LIST,,Display download list panel,,Display download list panel,0,0
EDIT,,Edit current document,,Edit current document,Edit local source,Edit local source
EDIT_SCREEN,,Edit currently rendered document,,Edit currently rendered document,Edit rendered copy of page,Edit rendered copy of page
END,,Go to the last line,,Go to the last line,Go to the last line,Go to the last line
EXEC_SHELL,,Execute shell command,,Execute shell command,0,0
EXIT,,Quit w3m without confirmation,,Verlasse w3m ohne Rueckfrage,Quit without confirmation,Quit without confirmation
EXTERN,,Execute external browser,,Execute external browser,"Browse current document using external browser (prefix 2, 3,..., or 9 to invoke alternate configured browsers, e.g. 3 M)","Browse current document using external browser (prefix 2, 3,..., or 9 to invoke alternate configured browsers, e.g. 3 M)"
EXTERN_LINK,,View current link using external browser,,View current link using external browser,"Browse link using external browser (prefixed as above, e.g. 3 M-M)","Browse link using external browser (prefixed as above, e.g. 3 M-M)"
FRAME,,Render frames,,Render frame,Toggle rendering HTML frames,Toggle rendering HTML frames
GOTO,,Go to URL,,Go to URL,Open new URL,Open new URL
GOTO_LINE,,Go to specified line,,Go to specified line,Go to the specified line,Go to the specified line
GOTO_LINK,,Follow current link,,Go to current link,Follow hyperlink,Follow hyperlink
GOTO_RELATIVE,,Go to relative URL,,Go to relative URL,0,0
HELP,,View help,,View help,Show help panel,Show help panel
HISTORY,,View browser history,,View history of URL,Show browsing history,Show browsing history
INFO,,View info of current document,,View info of current document,Show information about current document,Show information about current document
INTERRUPT,,Suspend w3m,,0,Interrupt,Interrupt
INIT_MAILCAP,,Reread mailcap (mainly for local-CGI),,0,0,0
ISEARCH,,Incremental search forward,,Incremental search forward,Incremental search forward,0
ISEARCH_BACK,,Incremental search backward,,Incremental search backward,Incremental search backward,0
LEFT,,Shift screen one column,,Shift screen one column,Shift screen one column left,Shift screen one column left
LINE_BEGIN,,Go to the beginning of line,,Go to the beginning of line,Go to the beginning of line,Go to the beginning of line
LINE_END,,Go to the end of line,,Go to the end of line,Go to the end of line,Go to the end of line
LINE_INFO,,Show current line number,,Show current line number,Show current position in page,Show current position in page
LINK_BEGIN,,Go to the first link,,Go to the first link,Move to the first hyperlink,Move to the first hyperlink
LINK_END,,Go to the last link,,Go to the last link,Move to the last hyperlink,Move to the last hyperlink
LINK_MENU,,Pop up link element menu,,Popup link element menu,0,0
LIST,,Show all links and images,,Show all links and images,0,0
LIST_MENU,,Pop up link list menu and go to selected link,,Popup link list menu and go to selected link,0,0
LOAD,,Load local file,,Load local file,Open new file,Open new file
MAIN_MENU,,Pop up menu,,Popup menu,0,0
MARK,,Set/unset mark,,Set/unset mark,Set/unset mark,Set/unset mark
MARK_MID,,Mark Message-ID-like strings as links,,Mark Message-ID-like strings as anchors,Mark Message-ID-like strings as links,Mark Message-ID-like strings as news anchors
MARK_URL,,Mark URL-like strings as links,,Mark URL-like strings as anchors,Mark URL-like strings as hyperlinks,Mark URL-like strings as hyperlinks
MARK_WORD,,Mark current word as link,,Mark current word as anchor,0,0
MENU,,Pop up menu,,0,0,0
MENU_MOUSE,,Pop up menu at mouse cursor (for mouse action),,0,0,0
MOUSE_TOGGLE,,Toggle mouse support,,Toggle activity of mouse,0,0
MOVE_DOWN,,Move cursor down (a half screen scroll at the end of screen),,Move cursor down (a half screen scroll at the end of screen),Cursor down,Cursor down
MOVE_DOWN1,,Move cursor down (1 line scroll at the end of screen),,Move cursor down (1 line scroll at the end of screen),0,0
MOVE_LEFT,,Move cursor left (a half screen shift at the left edge),,Move cursor left (a half screen shift at the left edge),Cursor left,Cursor left
MOVE_LEFT1,,Move cursor left (1 column shift at the left edge),,Move cursor left (1 columns shift at the left edge),0,0
MOVE_LIST_MENU,,Pop up link list menu and move cursor to selected link,,Popup link list menu and move cursor to selected link,0,0
MOVE_MOUSE,,Move cursor to mouse cursor (for mouse action),,0,0,0
MOVE_RIGHT,,Move cursor right (a half screen shift at the right edge),,Move cursor right (a half screen shift at the right edge),Cursor right,Cursor right
MOVE_RIGHT1,,Move cursor right (1 column shift at the right edge),,Move cursor right (1 columns shift at the right edge),0,0
MOVE_UP,,Move cursor up (a half screen scroll at the top of screen),,Move cursor up (a half screen scroll at the top of screen),Cursor up,Cursor up
MOVE_UP1,,Move cursor up (1 line scroll at the top of screen),,Move cursor up (1 line scrol at the top of screen),0,0
MSGS,,Display error messages,,Display error messages,0,0
NEW_TAB,,Open new tab,,Open new tab,Open current page as new tab,Open current page as new tab
NEXT,,Move to next buffer,,Move to next buffer,0,0
NEXT_DOWN,,Move downward to next link,,Move to next downward link,0,0
NEXT_LEFT,,Move left to next link,,Move to next left link,0,0
NEXT_LEFT_UP,,Move left (or upward) to next link,,Move to next left (or upward) link,0,0
NEXT_LINK,,Move to next link,,Move to next link,Move to the next hyperlink,Move to the next hyperlink
NEXT_MARK,,Move to next word,,Move to next word,Go to the next mark,Go to the next mark
NEXT_PAGE,,Move to next page,,Move to next page,Forward page,Forward page
NEXT_RIGHT,,Move right to next link,,Move to next right link,0,0
NEXT_RIGHT_DOWN,,Move right (or downward) to next link,,Move to next right (or downward) link,0,0
NEXT_TAB,,Move to next tab,,Move to next tab,Switch to next tab,Switch to next tab
NEXT_UP,,Move upward to next link,,Move to next upward link,0,0
NEXT_VISITED,,Move to next visited link,,0,0,0
NEXT_WORD,,Move to next word,,Move to next word,Go to the next word,Go to the next word
NOTHING,,Do nothing,,0,0,0
NULL,,Do nothing,,0,0,0
OPTIONS,,Display option setting panel,,Option setting panel,Show options panel,Show options panel
PEEK,,Peek at current URL,,Peek current URL,Show current URL,Show current URL
PEEK_IMG,,Peek at image URL,,Peek image URL,Show image URL,Show image URL
PEEK_LINK,,Peek at link URL,,Peek link URL,Show link URL,Show link URL
PIPE_BUF,,Send rendered document to pipe,,Send rendered document to pipe,0,0
PIPE_SHELL,,Execute shell command and browse,,Execute shell command and browse,Execute shell command and browse output,Execute shell command and browse output
PREV,,Move to previous buffer,,Move to previous buffer,0,0
PREV_LINK,,Move to previous link,,Move to previous link,Move to the previous hyperlink,Move to the previous link
PREV_MARK,,Move to previous mark,,Move to previous mark,Go to the previous mark,Go to the previous mark
PREV_PAGE,,Move to previous page,,Move to previous page,Backward page,Backward page
PREV_TAB,,Move to previous tab,,Move to previous tab,Switch to previous tab,Switch to previous tab
PREV_VISITED,,Move to previous visited link,,0,0,0
PREV_WORD,,Move to previous word,,Move to previous word,Go to the previous word,Go to the previous word
PRINT,,Save buffer to file,,0,0,0
QUIT,,Quit w3m,,Quit w3m,Quit (with confirmation dialog),Quit (with confirmation dialog)
READ_SHELL,,Execute shell command and load,,Execute shell command and load,Execute shell command and view output,Execute shell command and view output
REDO,,Cancel the last undo,,Cancel the last undo,0,0
REDRAW,,Redraw screen,,Redraw screen,Redraw screen,Redraw screen
REG_MARK,,Set mark using regexp,,Set mark using regexp,Mark all occurrences of a regular expression,Mark all occurrences of a regular expression
REINIT,,Reload configuration files,,Reload configuration files,0,0
RELOAD,,Reload buffer,,Reload buffer,Reload,Reload
RESHAPE ,,Re-render buffer,,Re-render buffer,0,0
RIGHT,,Shift screen one column right,,Shift screen one column right,Shift screen one column right,Shift screen one column right
SAVE,,Save document (source) to file,,Save document source to file,Save source,Save source
SAVE_IMAGE,,Save image to file,,Save image to file,Save inline image to file,Save inline image to file
SAVE_LINK,,Save link to file,,Save link to file,Save link to file,Save link to file
SAVE_SCREEN,,Save buffer to file,,Save rendered document to file,Save rendered copy of page,Save rendered copy of page
SEARCH,,Search forward,,0,Search forward,Search forward
SEARCH_BACK,,Search backward,,Search backward,Search backward,0
SEARCH_FORE,,Search forward,,Search forward,0,0
SEARCH_NEXT,,Search next regexp,,Search next regexp,Next match,Next match
SEARCH_PREV,,Search previous regexp,,Search previous regexp,Previous match,0
SELECT,,Go to buffer selection panel,,Go to buffer selection panel,0,0
SELECT_MENU,,Pop up buffer selection menu,,Popup buffer selection menu,Show buffer-stack menu,Show buffer-stack menu
SETENV,,Set environment variable,,Set environment variable,0,0
SET_OPTION,,Set option,,Set option,0,0
SHELL,,Execute shell command,,0,Execute shell command,Execute shell command
SHIFT_LEFT,,Shift screen left,,Shift screen left,Shift screen left,Shift screen left
SHIFT_RIGHT,,Shift screen right,,Shift screen right,Shift screen right,Shift screen right
SOURCE,,View HTML source,,0,0,0
STOP_IMAGE,,Stop loading and drawing of images,,Stop loading and drawing of images,0,0
SUBMIT,,Submit form,,Submit form,0,0
SUSPEND ,,Suspend w3m,,Stop loading document,Suspend w3m,Suspend w3m
TAB_GOTO,,Open URL on new tab,,Open URL on new tab,0,0
TAB_GOTO_RELATIVE,,Open relative URL on new tab,,Open relative URL on new tab,0,0
TAB_LEFT,,Move current tab left,,Move current tab left,0,0
TAB_LINK,,Open current link on new tab,,Open current link on new tab,Open link as new tab,Open link as new tab
TAB_MENU,,Pop up tab selection menu,,Popup tab selection menu,Show tab menu,Show tab menu
TAB_MOUSE,,Move to tab on mouse cursor (for mouse action),,0,0,0
TAB_RIGHT,,Move current tab right,,Move current tab right,0,0
UNDO,,Cancel the last cursor movement,,Cancel the last cursor movement,0,0
UP,,Scroll up one line,,Scroll up one line,Scroll screen up one line,Scroll screen up one line
VERSION,,Display version of w3m,,Display version of w3m,0,0
VIEW,,View HTML source,,View HTML source,Toggle viewing as text or rendered HTML,Toggle viewing as text or rendered HTML
VIEW_BOOKMARK,,View bookmarks,,0,0,0
VIEW_IMAGE,,View image,,View image,View inline image,View inline image
WHEREIS,,Search forward,,0,0,0
WRAP_TOGGLE,,Toggle search wrap mode,,Toggle wrap search mode,Toggle wrapping mode in searches,Toggle wrapping mode in searches
,,,,,,
,BUF:DELETE,,Delete current buffer,Delete current buffer,Delete current item,
,BUF:GO,,Go to the selected buffer,Go to the selected buffer,Go to the selected item,
,BUF:NEXT,,Select next buffer,Select next buffer,Select next item,
,BUF:PREV,,Select previous buffer,Select previous buffer,Select previous item,
, ,,,,,
,LINEEDIT:ACCEPT,,Accept,Accept,Accept,
,LINEEDIT:BACK,,Move cursor backward,Move cursor backward,Move cursor backward,
,LINEEDIT:BOTTOM,,Move to the bottom of line,Move to the bottom of line,Move to the end of line,
,LINEEDIT:BS,,Delete previous character,Delete previous character,Delete previous character,
,LINEEDIT:COMPLETE,,Complete filename,Complete filename,Try to complete filename,
,LINEEDIT:DEL,,Delete current character,Delete current character,Delete current character,
,LINEEDIT:EDITOR,,Edit with external editor,Edit with external editor,Move cursor forward,
,LINEEDIT:FORWARD,,Move cursor forward,Move cursor forward,Move cursor forward,
,LINEEDIT:KILL_AFTER,,Kill everything after cursor,Kill everything after cursor,Kill everything after cursor,
,LINEEDIT:KILL_BEFORE,,Kill everything before cursor,Kill everything before cursor,Kill everything before cursor,
,LINEEDIT:NEXT,,Fetch the next string from the history list,Fetch the next string from the history list,Fetch the next string from the history list,
,LINEEDIT:PREV,,Fetch the previous string from the history list,Fetch the previous string from the history list,Fetch the previous string from the history list,
,LINEEDIT:TOP,,Move to the top of line,Move to the top of line,Move to the beginning of line,
, ,,,,,
,MENU:CANCEL,,Back,Back,,
,MENU:CLOSE,,Close menu,Close menu,,
,MENU:DOWN,,Move to next item,Move to next item,,
,MENU:LAST,,Go to last item,Go to last item,,
,MENU:LINE_DOWN,,Scroll down one item,Scroll down one item,,
,MENU:LINE_UP,,Scroll up one item,Scroll up one item,,
,MENU:NEXT,,Go to next page,Go to next page,,
,MENU:PREV,,Go to previous page,Go to previous page,,
,MENU:SEARCH_BACK,,Search backward,Search backward,,
,MENU:SEARCH_FORE,,Search foreward,Search foreward,,
,MENU:SEARCH_NEXT,,Search next regexp,Search next regexp,,
,MENU:SEARCH_PREV,,Search previous regexp,Search previous regexp,,
,MENU:SELECT,,Select item,Select item,,
,MENU:SUSPEND,,Suspend,Suspend,,
,MENU:TOP,,Go to top item,Go to top item,,
,MENU:UP,,Move to previous item,Move to previous item,,
, ,,,,,
,Bookmark operation,,Bookmark operation,Bookmark operation,Bookmark management,
,Buffer operation,,Buffer operation,Buffer operation,0,
,Buffer selection mode,,Buffer selection mode,Buffer selection mode,0,
,Dictionary look-up,,Dictionary look-up,Dictionary look-up,0,
,File/Stream operation,,File/Stream operation,File/Stream operation,File/stream operation,
,Hyperlink operation,,Hyperlink operation,Hyperlink operation,Hyperlink operation,
,Line-editing mode,,Line-editing mode,Line-edit mode,Line-editing mode,
,Mark operation,,Mark operation,Mark operation,Mark management,
,Miscellany,,Miscellany,Miscellany,Miscellany,
,Page/Cursor motion,,Page/Cursor motion,Page/Cursor motion,0,
,Pop up menu,,Pop up menu,Popup menu,0,
,Search,,Search,Search,Search,
,Show keymap file,,Show keymap file,Show keymap file,0,
,Tab operation,,Tab operation,Tab operation,0,
,User defined keymaps,,User defined keymaps,User defined keymaps,0,
,,,,,Menu selection mode,
,,,,,Buffer/tab navigation,
,,,,,Content operations,
,,,,,In-page navigation,