Re: Draft announcement for 8.3

On Thu, 2016-01-21 at 21:55 +0000, Justin B Rye wrote:
> Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
> > CC'ing the debian-l10n-english/debian-i18n friends, so they can review
> > and translate the 8.3 announcement:
>
> There are a couple of en-GBisms ("initialise", "honoured") in the
> otherwise consistently en-US text, but only in the quoted bugfix
> reasons, and it's not clear whether those need to be homogenised.
> Mind you, the entry for Swift has both "unauthorized" and
> "standardise"...

It largely depends on where the text came from. If there are reasonable
changelog entries then I'll often copy-and-paste from those as a basis
for the comment. In any case, I've edited the announcements for the past
few years, and the result of my either generating comments for uploads
or editing existing comments will tend to result in en_GB. I don't think
anyone's raised it previously.

Regards,

Adam