Recommended width of prewrapped debconf lines

Hi,

During the review of the debconf templates for dbconfig-common, we
introduced several paragraphs which had lists. We used the format to
indent the lists, such that debconf will not word-wrap the resulting
paragraphs. However, now that I am receiving the translations, I am
wondering what to do with some not so nicely wrapped ones. Three
questions come to mind:
1) What happens if the translation at first is not wrapped (I guess the
line will only be displayed for as much space there is in the display)?
2) What is the recommended maximum width for the pre-wrapped paragraphs?
3) Some paragraphs contain a replacement, so we don't know yet how long
the line will be. Was that less smart to do?

Paul