Re: [diaspora-installer] new strings review request

On Monday 04 May 2015 03:36 PM, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> I have changed the type to Note. I have kept information about easy rsa
> there and added easy-rsa to Suggests.

I have also added warning about self-signed certificates. They are
useful only for local testing and cannot be used to communicate with
other diaspora pods.

  .
  Running Diaspora requires at least a self-signed SSL certificate, which
  can be generated using (for instance) the package easy-rsa.
+ .
+ But a self-signed certificate can only be used for local testing, other
+ diaspora pods will not accept a self-signed certificate and this breaks
+ federation (your pod will not be able to communicate with other pods).
+ .
+ startssl.com is the only certification authority that provide free SSL
+ certificates that works with diaspora (CAcert provided certificates will
+ not work).