Re: proofreading the installation-guide

Hi,

Justin B Rye <justin.byam.rye@gmail.com> wrote:
> Holger Wansing wrote:
> > No, not _all_ instances of &releasename; have to be capitalised in German,
> > for example in URLs they will have to stay lowercase.
> > But I can use &releasename; or &releasename-cap; in my translation,
> > where &releasename; is used in English.
>
> So all cases of &releasename-cap; in the English text are mistakes.
> Really if it's only for use in German we should have called it
> &Veroeffentlichungsname;!

No, it's not just for German!
It gives _all_ translators the possibility, to spell the releasename as
they want in their language.
I just used German and how it's used in German, to explain the principle.

Not much translators use that possibility though.

Holger

Created with Sylpheed 3.5.0 under
	D E B I A N   L I N U X   8 . 0   " J E S S I E " .