Re: Re: Please review changed man-file of w3m

Hello Justin,

Justin B Rye schrieb am 13. Nov 2014 um 00:24

> > attached is the new version _5 of the manpage. I was able to
> > generate a pot-file from it. I hope we can regard it as the final
> > version.

> Except of course for hoping somebody might be able to fill in some
> of the blanks where we've left "(Implementation not verified)"
> signs.

I do not see a problem in mentioning our problem with three options in
this way. To me, it would be inadequate to wait further for support
from the developers or to open a section BUGS to present them there.

One possibility I see would be omitting the three options in the
manpage as it suffices to find them additional documention which is
delivered with the programm, i.e. MANUAL.html and README-files - which
would need to a revision as well, by the way.

> > EXAMPLES
> [...]
> >        Display content from Usenet
> >               $ w3m -m nntp://$NEWSSERVER/debian_curiosa/
>
> Oh, wait, does that work?  This does:
> 		$ w3m -m nntp://news.aioe.org/linux.debian.curiosa
>
> But maybe we should use something more w3m-related.  Ummm... maybe
>
>                 $ w3m -m nntp://$NEWSSERVER/comp.os.linux.networking

a possible target would be

  nntp://news.aioe.org/comp.os.linux.networking

> >        README and example files are to be found in the doc
> >        directory of your W3M installation.  Recent information
> >        about W3M may be found on the project's web pages at
> >        ?http://w3m.sourceforge.net?

> What happened to the URL there?  (Checks) Oh, it doesn't wrap it in
> <plain ASCII angles>, it uses exotic ???mathematical ones???!

These exotic parenthesis are a product of the groff-man-module and
they are triggered by .UR. Shall I return to elements within the plain
ascii character set?

Best regards
Markus