Re: FAQ.html and MANUAL.html, was Re: fwd: Re: Re: Please review changed man-file of w3m

Hello Justin,

Justin B Rye schrieb am  6. Dec 2014 um 20:13

> > There has been the strong recommendation to take paths via pot and po
> > files, not translating ./FAQ.html directly to something like
> > de/FAQ.html. html2po would then be the first tool to use.
> >
> > Therefore, I would like to inform you that html2po complains about the
> > mentioned "antiquity" of the HTML.
> >
> > When revising MANUAL.html and in case You are willing to, adapt the
> > tagging to present standard. So far, html2po 's complains referred to
> >
> > -  untagged paragraphs; paragraph and end-paragraph tags are needed
> > -  missing end tags for paragraphs: </p> needed
> > -  missing end tags for list items: </li> needed

> Here's a version of FAQ.html updated to the late nineties!  It
> validates against the HTML 4.01 "Transitional" standard; normally
> I'd go for at least 4.01 "Strict" if not HTML5, but then I would
> have to replace things like <h1 align="center"> with w3m-unfriendly
> stylesheetery.

> Then since this already made a huge diff against the original I also
> went crazy with my indenting to keep the translatable content
> separate from the formatting.

I hope you recovered from crazyness :-) and indulge one finding of
html2po: The tool found in line 640 one slash to miss. It transforms
an paragraph tag into an end of paragraph tag.

Best regards
Markus