Re: New debconf template for webfs.

Mats Erik Andersson wrote:
> In comparison to the next to last message in this thread, I have
> added an additional sentence at the very end, and I have inserted
> a single word "listing" into the next to last sentence.

Actually I hadn't noticed that extra sentence.

> If this stands acceptable, please insert a sigillum sanctorum at the
> very top, in order that I may seek expert help in arranging a
> translation relay from this template set.

Is that like a "sigillum sanctum fraternitatis"?  Oh - I get it, you
mean the line

# These templates have been reviewed by the debian-l10n-english team

> #
> # If modifications/additions/rewording are needed, please ask
> # debian-l10n-english@lists.debian.org for advice.
> #
> # Even minor modifications require translation updates and such
> # changes should be coordinated with translators and reviewers.
>
> Template: webfsd/web_ip
> Type: string
[...]
> Template: webfsd/web_index
> Type: string
>  If webfsd receives a request for a directory, it can optionally look for
>  an index file to send to the client. Common names are "index.html" and
>  "default.html". If you leave this field empty, webfsd will never treat
>  any file as index of a directory.
>  .
>  In the absence of an index, webfsd will normally construct a listing for
>  any requested directory. However, if you consider a generated directory
>  listing to present a security risk, then the listing can be disabled by
>  adding the server option "-j" to the variable "web_extras" in
>  "/etc/webfsd.conf". The last question in this set, "Extra options ...",
>  is equally suited for setting the option "-j".

I'm not sure someone reading this in amongst a dozen other templates
is going to be able to identify "the last question in this set".
Would it be possible to move it so that it's guaranteed to be next?
(I hope it isn't lower-priority, and therefore possibly skipped.)

Perhaps it would be better first to have a sentence introducing the -j
option and then one covering the ways of adding it...

If I answer "-j" to the webfsd/web_extras template, does that itself
end up in /etc/webfsd.conf?  If so, perhaps it should be:

   In the absence of an index, webfsd will normally construct a listing for
   any requested directory. However, if you consider a generated directory
   listing to present a security risk, then the listing can be disabled by
   running the server with the "-j" option. This option can be added to the
   variable "web_extras" in "/etc/webfsd.conf", either manually or by way
   of the following dialog ("Extra options to include").