Re: New debconf template for the linux package

On Sun, 2014-07-06 at 23:10 +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 06, 2014 at 10:25:41PM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> > I intend to add a new debconf template in the linux package, that will
> > appear on mips/mipsel systems. As English is a foreign language for me
> > I appreciate if some people can review it. Thanks in advance.
>
> Don't you think this belongs to linux-base like the id switch?

The disk ID changes were worth doing and were safe whether or not you
upgraded the linux-image package at the same time as installing
linux-base.

However, if we put this in linux-base now, you may be prompted to change
boot loader config before you install a linux-image package that
actually builds an initramfs.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere. - Anne Morrow Lindberg