RE:[RFH] improve the sardana package description

Hello Justin,

> The binary package python-sardana... oh, yes, it's not exactly easy to
> guess the context from the synopsis "sardana control system"; it
> sounds as if it's software for controlling sardanas.

Yes a dancing machine :)

> It doesn't need to be a sentence.  The first half of this is just
> unpacking the package name, which is mostly a waste of space; and if
> I'm scanning Section: python and wondering whether this package would
> be useful to me, I'm unlikely to happen to know what SCADA means
> (though at least "for scientific installations" gives some hint at the
> context.)

> The best solution I can find that will fit on one line is:

>       instrument control and data acquisition system

definitively better

> and then there's room to add:
>                                                      - library
>                                                      - documentation

I like this

> Long:

(The old long-description did have the advantage of including the word
"Synchrotron" for extra context.)

Yes bug this system can be use elsewhere, so this is not a problem

> Well, obviously it's a software package!

yes :((

>     written in Python and based in the Tango library. The hardware control

"Based on", and isn't it TANGO (or maybe PyTango)?

They are using the TANGO software bus Via the python binding PyTango.
But this is a python framework which could be transport agnostic.
so the real framwork is python.

> (ObWhyTheName: following on from TANGO, a sardana is a Catalan dance.)

Yes the tradistion in this community is to use dace's name for all their softwares.

Thanks for your help

I propose your changes to the community and they are ok.

Your contributions are real valuable.

once again thanks

Fred

--
JBR     with qualifications in linguistics, experience as a Debian