Some feedback about OmegaT

(sorry if this post is duplicated)

Hello,

After installing Wheezy I'm now looking for a PO tool editor to replace
Gtranslator which requires lots of GNOME dependencies and I want to avoid
flooding my disk with a bunch of files and libraries I don't need (now
using XFCE).

I've found OmegaT (java based tool) but it's a bit hard to get used with
it and while I can spend a bit of time to understand how it works I'm not
sure this tool will in the end play fine with Debian's PO files.

I used to use POedit in the past but it does not integrate well within
XFCE.

Also, in the Spanish mailing list a user suggested Virtaal but after
installing the package I don't like the small window available for the
translated text.

Any advice on this? Someone here is using this tool? Any other recommended
application?

I'm mainly looking for these set of features:

a) Offline tool
b) Little to none dependencies (almost self-contained
program)
c) No need for advanced options, just spell-check and formatting/tag
validation.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón