Re: DPN 02/2013 frozen. Please review and translate.

Hi Justin,

On 2013-01-20 13:03, Justin B Rye wrote:
Filipus Klutiero wrote:
Thank you Francesca and everyone. Here are my remarks:

Ben Hutchings, member of the Debian Kernel team and maintainer of the
3.2.y stable series at kernel.org, wrote a series of three blogposts (<a
href="http://womble.decadent.org.uk/blog/whats-in-the-linux-kernel-for-debian-70-wheezy-part-1.html";>part
1</a>,
2</a>,
3</a>) about the additional features of the Debian Linux kernel that will be
shipped with the next Debian stable.
There are now several kernels in Debian; s/"Debian Kernel"/"Debian's Linux".
In fact my last edit was adding the "Linux" lower down - partly just
to dilute the concentration of references to Debian.  I didn't add it
in the first line because the team really is called the "Debian
Kernel" team.

If we want to call the team as it calls itself, I'd suggest using the official capitalization ("Debian Kernel Team"), using quotes or using italics.

"3.2.y" is unclear. Just "3.2" will do.
"3.2.y" is strange, I'll agree, but it's the name of the git tree as
mentioned in the postings... 3.2 would certainly be clearer if it's
true, but I've been treading carefully.

Hum, I didn't know upstream used "3.2.y", and I don't know if that's an official name, but I think anyway it would be best to stay as simple as possible - as long as it's equally precise.

"the additional features of the Debian Linux kernel that will be
shipped with the next Debian stable" is unclear. We should explain
that wheezy will ship a modified version of Linux 3.2 with features
not present in vanilla Linux 3.2.
It doesn't need to explain *everything*, because after all it's
pointing at a source that does that, but I suppose we could insert
some extra hint in that direction.  I'll try:

  [...] about the additional features not featured in mainline 3.2 that will
  be included in the Linux kernel to be shipped with the next Debian stable.

I agree. Great (except maybe "features not featured"? "features missing from" instead?).

Thank you