Re: DPN 24/2012 frozen. Please review and translate.

On 2012-12-08 09:29, Francesca Ciceri wrote:
Hi all,

we just finished the last bits of the new issue of DPN to be released
Monday. We would appreciate reviews and translations.

Instructions are available on the wiki:
http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews

As usual, the last updated version is available on the publicity
Subversion repository, even via HTTP:
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/publicity/dpn/en/current/index.wml?view=co

Cheers,
Francesca

ps: sorry for the delay in the freezing, I just had problems in finishing
it yesterday as usual

Thank you Francesca and everyone, here are my remarks.

<toc-add-entry name="mobiles">Debian on smartphones: a feasibility
analysis</toc-add-entry>

Paul Wise documented how to<a
href="http://bonedaddy.net/pabs3/log/2012/12/03/debian-mobile/";>install
Debian on smartphones</a>: while this is technically possible, the process
is complicated by the fact that the Linux mainline kernel doesn't run on
many mobile devices and the Debian Linux kernel maintainers prefer not to
include non-mainline patches.
Paul concluded by saying that<q>the procedures I documented above are not a
great way to support mobile devices at all and could break at any moment
anyway. So everyone, please become a kernel developer and help merge all
of the many many versions of Android Linux into Linux mainline so that
you can have your favourite distribution on your devices</q>.
The state of the art of support for running Debian on such devices is
documented on the<a href="http://wiki.debian.org/Mobile";>Mobile wiki page</a>,
while people interested in helping can join the discussion on the<a
href="http://lists.debian.org/debian-mobile/";>debian-mobile mailing
irc.debian.org.

Is this ready for release? Is documentation of "The state of the art of support for running Debian on such devices" user documentation? It seems to be development material. The paragraph doesn't fit what I'd expect to find under "Debian on smartphones: a feasibility analysis", and it's unclear who it targets.
The next episode of the<a
href="http://wiki.debian.org/BSPMarathonWheezy";>Bug Squashing Marathon
for Wheezy</a>  will be on
Mechelen, Belgium</a>.

Isn't "at" before a city a Frenchism? It's usually "in".

The Debian Women project finally completed the
of its website</a>.
The<a href="$(HOME)/women/">new version of the website</a>  is
already available in Danish, French and Japanese. In the announcement you
can find instructions and hints on translating it to your language.
It would be nice to explain what the website migrated from/to.