Re: Typo on packages.debian.org section

Simon Paillard wrote:
> Luke Faraone wrote:
>> In http://packages.debian.org/unstable/, it reads "Other OS's and file
>> systems".
>>
>> Since "OS" isn't possessive  it should be "Other OSs and file systems" or
>> "Other OSes and file systems"
>
> Thanks for the notice, CC'ing english natives for review :)

I would only call "OS's" a style-guide-standardisation issue rather
than a matter of right and wrong - check how it's done on other pages.

Most manuals (such as the Chicago Manual of Style) recommend not
inserting an apostrophe in words like this ("OSs", "GUIs", "1990s"),
but the spellings with apostrophes are nonetheless widely accepted in
everyday writing.

I've never seen a style guide say anything useful about the secondary
question of "OSs" versus "OSes", but the latter option would imply
that the plural of "386" is "386es", which strikes me as unlikely.
And I would also say "CCing"!