Re: Aufnahmeantrag

Hello,

burkhard pranke <burkhard.pranke@gmail.com> wrote:
[submission to be added to the Who uses Debian list]

I have translated this into english.

debian-l10n-english in CC: proofread my translation please,
as I am not a native english speaker.

Thanks
Holger

1. Name of organization

Info cafe "Der Winkel", info center for tolerance, against
right-wing extremism and violence
Belziger Forum e.V.
14806 Bad Belzig
Brandenburg
Germany

2. Organization type (educational, non-profit, commercial, government)

non-profit organization

3. (optional) Home page link

http://www.derwinkel.de

4. A paragraph or two describing how your organization uses Debian.

The association Belziger Forum e.V. operates the info cafe "Der Winkel"
since 1998 as a meeting point for migrants and native people.
There are, amongst others, PCs available for connecting the internet
(2-5 depending on the needs and existing ressources). The PCs can also
be used for other purposes (games, videos).

Additionally to their own internet presentation the association currently
creates a homepage related to an ancient concentration camp
(http://aussenlager-roederhof.de). We have a notebook with Debian and
Windows for creating the homepage (the scanner is not working with the
actual Debian stable, that's why the Windows). Additionally installed
software: apache2, php, mysql, VirtualBox.

Debian version used:
actual stable release (Squeeze at the moment)

Software:
Iceweasel
Chromium-Browser
Epiphany
OpenOffice.org
Marble
Rhythmbox
gedit
gthumb
Inkscape
VideoLan.org
xscreensaver
ssh-server

Why Debian?
- stable, extremly seldom crashs
- no virusses
- safe
- easy to administrate (also for remote computers)
- no basically changes (until now; as can be seen with Microsoft products)
- functionality is added, but things that have worked in the past, also
  work after the changes
- good documentation
- quick help in case of problems (e.g. over ask.debian.net)

--
Created with Sylpheed 3.0.2