Re: [Debconf-team] DC13 sponsoring brochure, please review sections Debian and DebConf

Quoting Gaudenz Steinlin (gaudenz@debian.org):

> Hi
>
> In preparation of the DC13 sponsoring brochure I reviewed and amended
> the sections about Debian and DebConf. We used the DC11 brochure as a
> starting point and I also looked at the DC10 brochure for some ideas.
> The latex source of the paragraphs in question is included below for
> inline commenting. The whole source is in the debconf-data repository at
> dc13/sponsorship-brochure/brochure.en.tex. The tex file does not yet
> have it's final formatting. Ignore all formatting issues.
>
> I have split the Debian section into 3 more distinct subsections:
>
> 1. Free Operating System
> 2. Debian is Choice (started from DC10 brochure)
> 3. A Large Scale, Non-profit, Distributed Project
>
> My intention is to explain a bit more in depth the spirit and goals of
> the Debian project also to potential sponsors that might not know Debian
> very well and to hilight the key properties of the Debian project. The
> text is a bit longer as in the DC12 brochure, but not yet as long as in
> the DC10 edition.
>
> For the DebConf section I mainly added a short description of the DC13
> venue and setting.
>
> Please review my changes both with regard to content as for english
> language improvements.

A good idea might be involving debian-l10n-english (though this list
will soon have an increase in work because of various documents to be
created|updated for the wheezy release). A good opportunity to remin
native speakers who read the Debconf lists that they can help quite
significantly in debian-l10n-english..:)