Re: Package description review for CycloGraph

Federico Brega wrote:
> I'm packaging CycloGraph for debian and I'd appreciate if some native
> english speaker reviews my package description.

Glad to!  I hope you don't mind being CCed...

> I also attached a draft of the user manual, whose first part might be
> useful if some more information is needed.
> Of course I'm available if something is not clear.

Okay, but I'll do the control file first:

[...]
> Package: cyclograph
[...]

DevRef prefers initial lowercase (s/App/app/), but I'd also consider
rewriting this to shorten it slightly.

Then the others can just say " - Qt/GTK/GTK3 interface"... and they
definitely shouldn't end with full stops.

(Why does cyclograph only recommend the -qt1 and -gtk2 GUIs, not the
-gtk3 one?)

>  CycloGraph is an application for plotting the elevation profile of routes.
>  It's main purpose is to graphically visualize the difficulty of a
     ^
Bad apostrophe.  The rule's very simple: only contractions with
missing letters, like "she'll" or "doesn't", need an apostrophe
(except that possessives also pretend to have a missing letter, so
"Justin's" and "the woman's" require an apostrophe (except that
possessive pronouns, like "whose" and "its", *don't* do this (except
that the possessive pronoun "one's" does after all))).

It's not entirely clear whether graphically visualising is something
CycloGraph does (by creating a graphical visualisation) or something
it (graphically) helps the user do (visualising it mentally).  You
could avoid the issue by saying that "its main purpose is to assist in
graphical visualization of the difficulty...", but maybe that
undersells it?  I'll try "its main value is in the graphical
visualization of the difficulty..."?

>  road, in term of slope, difference in height, etc.
                ^
It's "in terms of".

>  These kind of plots are used often in cycling competitions but it's
             ^
"These kind" (with its plural-versus-singular confusion) does occur in
native-speaker English, but it's considered a colloquialism; rephrase
it to "Plots like these..."

"It's" is the right spelling this time, but again it's confused number
agreement; I'd suggest (adding a comma and) "but are also..."

> useful also in other sports, like hiking or running.

"Like" in this sense is a bit colloquial, too; we'll get away with the
previous line, but here I'll change it to "such as".

> .
> This package installs the command-line interface of CycloGraph.

That makes it sound as if you can use it to download a non-free binary
to /usr/local/bin.  Say s/installs/provides/.

Next the manual.

> CycloGraph User Manual
>
> Federico Brega, Pierluigi Villani
>
> 1 Introduction
>
> CycloGraph is an application born to let the cyclists visualize
                                           ^^^
> their routes and see how difficult they are.

Drop "the".  I'm not keen on "born", but it's clear what it means.

> It is important to stress out that plotting the elevation of a
                            ^^^
> path can be interesting also in other sports: i.e. running,
> hiking or even skiing.

Drop "out".  "Stressing that X" means "emphasising that X"; "stressing
*out* that X" is an informal way of saying "becoming stressed
(overworked, distressed) over the possibility that X".

"Interesting" should perhaps be "of interest". And surely those are
just examples, and therefore the abbreviation you want is "e.g."?  Or
preferably, plain "such as".

  It is important to stress that plotting the elevation of a path can
  also be interesting in other sports, such as running, hiking, or
  even skiing.

> The goal of the application is to show the altitude and the slope
> along the route. The plot shall also be as elegant as possible.

Shall?  I think what you're saying is something I'd express as "and to
do it as elegantly as possible".

> Many other softwares show a simple plot of the altitude but the
                     ^
Software has no singular/plural; it's a non-count noun, like "water".
You either want "many other pieces of software" or just "many other
programs".

> graphics is essential although some of them implements other
         ^ ^^                    ^^^^                  ^
Confusing number agreement again.  And all of this is a bit
incoherent... or maybe just underpunctuated.  If I'm understanding it
correctly you mean something like

  Many other programs can show a simple plot of the altitude, and some
  of them provide other functionality, but the graphics are essential.

> functionalities. CycloGraph aims to be great to produce

"Great at producing".

> graphically appealing images to be shown on web pages, journals
> or to document the stages of a race.

This starts as a three-item list and then loses count.  Turn it into a
two-item list and a separate alternative (and in fact reverse the
order):

  CycloGraph aims to be great at producing graphically appealing images
  to document the stages of a race or to be shown on web pages and
  journals.

(If the journals aren't web pages, what are they?  Oh well.)

> 1.1 Features
>
>   Manual insertion
>
> The purpose of the application is to draw a graph; to do this a
> source of informations is needed. The application can be feed
                       ^                                   ^^^^
Information doesn't have a singular or plural either; drop the S.
(Maybe you should be talking about "data sources"?)

The passive form you were looking for was "be fed".

> manually, which is very straightforward but soon becomes tiring
> because the user insert every single information which he
                        ^                        ^       ^^
> previously wrote down when he did the trip.

Since female cyclists exist, avoid "he" - just use second person, the
same way as in the next paragraph.

Number agreement: "inserts".  But make it "you need to insert".

There's no such thing as a single information.  Here I think we do
need to resort to "piece of information".

"Previously" is redundant; shuffle the tense/aspect marking slightly.

"Trip" is usually applied to non-recreational travel; the best
replacement I can think of is "run".

  The purpose of the application is to draw a graph; to do this a
  source of information is needed. The application can be fed
  manually, which is very straightforward but soon becomes tiring
  because you need to insert every single piece of information
  you wrote down while you were doing the run.

>   GPS tracks
>
> GPS devices are very common nowadays, their problem is the very
                                      ^
Comma splice - upgrade it to semicolon.

> high rate of recording. CycloGraph allows to import a track
                                     ^^^^^^^^^
> recorded and stored in gpx (GPs eXchange format). If your GPS

Probably d-l-e's all-time commonest usage correction: "allow" *must*
be immediately followed by an object.  Say "CycloGraph lets you import
a track..."

Rebracket: say "stored in GPX (GPs eXchange) format".

> device produces files in another format you may use Gps Babel (www.gpsbabel.org
                                              ^^^     ^^^^^^^^^
s/may/can/; upstream say it's "GPSBabel"; strangely placed linebreak.

(Of course for Debian-specific docs it would be more relevant that I
can fetch a copy with apt-get.)

> ) to convert it to gpx. Note that GPS tracks are usually not
> enough to produce an high quality plot because they contains a
                     ^
"A high" - H is a consonant.

Yet more number disagreement: "they contain".

> lot of points, but only a few really add some information to the

I think this is trying to say:

  Note that GPS tracking data is usually not enough to produce a
  high-quality plot because although it contains a lot of points,
  only a few really add any information to the plot.

I don't understand the explanation, but then again I'm not familiar
with GPS data.

> plot. CicloGraph tries to import a reasonable number of points,
         ^
Spell its name right!

> but the best results can be achieved by importing more points
> than needed and then manually deleting the ones that are not
> relevant. You may want to edit some point adding a name as well.

I don't understand that last sentence.  Maybe:

  You may also want to edit some points to add names.

>   Files produced by other applications
>
> Interoperability is important and CycloGraph permits to open
                                               ^^^^^^^ ^^
> files saved by other applications.Supported formats are:
                                   ^
"Permits to" has the same problem as "allows to".  Just insert "you".

Trivial punctuation problem.

> • GPS eXchange Format(.gpx)

No, "GPS eXchange format (.gpx)"

> • Keyhole Markup Language (.kml)
>
> • Salitaker (.sal)

"Salitaker format (.sal)", and likewise for Ciclotour and Ciclomaniac
formats below.

> • Training Center xml (.tcx)

Either "XML" or arguably "Xml".

> • Ciclotour (.crp)
>
> • Ciclomaniac (.xml and .txt)
>
>   Kml and draw on map

I think you mean

    KML format and drawing on maps

(And s/kml/KML/ throughout below.)

> Importing a slope from a kml file is a unique feature. This is a
> complex process because a kml file doesn't contain the altitudes
                                                                  ^
Add a comma.

> so they are downloaded from an Internet service. Many services
> can be chosen, each one has different performances in therm of
> resolution and and download speed.
             ^^^^^^^
Can you choose many services all at once, or is it just that there are
many to choose from?  Assuming "therm" is just a typo and not esoteric
cyclist jargon:

  You can choose any of many services, which offer different
  resolution levels and download speeds.

> Google Earth (earth.google.com) let you create a route and save
> it in kml.

s/let/lets/

> CycloGraph embedds a tool to create a kml file by drawing a
                  ^
Only one D in embed, until you add a syllable.

> polyline on a map (Open Street Map or Google Maps). The same tool
> can also interface to Google Maps' directions.

I really don't know what that's supposed to mean.  Its directions?

> Note that this tool permits you to visualize how hard a slope is
                             hurrah!
> even if you have never been there. This is very useful in
> planning trip. Please note that using an automatic tool might
           ^^^^
Again "trip" is the wrong word; here we can just make do without it.

> lead to misleading results i.e. if two consecutive point are too
                                                          ^
Two is plural.

Is this really an "i.e.", or would it make more sense to say "e.g."?
Even better, avoid both and just lead into it with a colon.

  Please note that using an automatic tool may lead to misleading
  results: if two consecutive points are too

> distant the can miss a peak between them. On the other hand if

s/distant/far apart/, and there's a missing word or something.

  if two consecutive point are too far apart you can miss a peak
  between them. On the other hand, if

> they are too close the slope may be very inaccurate due to the
> resolution of the altitude data.

s/close/close together/

How does that work, anyway?  Surely it's not saying that the road
surface is a fractal and therefore gets longer and longer the more
accurately you measure it...

> 2 Basic usage
>
> 2.1 Start the application
>
> CycloGraph has many interfaces either graphical or command line.
                                ^
Four is more "several" than "many".  Add a comma.

> If you are a Windows user you're probably interested in the Qt 4
> interface, because it is the only one which we support in the
> package for your platform.
>
> Note that all graphical interfaces have the same functionalities,

s/functionalities,/functionality;/

> the only difference is in some minor aesthetic detail. This is
                                        ^
The en_US (to match "center" above) is "esthetic", but the it would be
more idiomatic to say "cosmetic details".

> relevant if you are a Linux user since only Qt interface is
                                             ^
Insert "the".

> officially supported on Windows and unofficially supported on Mac
> OS X.

Repetitive, but now with added confusion - if only the Qt interface is
unofficially supported on Mac OS X, does that mean the other versions
are officially supported for Mac OS X or not available at all?  I'll
guess the latter, in which case:

  This is only relevant if you are a Linux user, since the Qt
  interface is the only one officially supported for Windows, and
  on Mac OS X it's the only one with even unofficial support.

(But I notice the control file says "Architecture: all", so it should
end up being relevant for Debian GNU/kFreeBSD users too!)

> The same interface (i.e. Qt 4) looks different when used on

Just say "The same Qt 4 interface can look different..." (I suspect
again you mean "e.g.", but never mind).

> different platforms so don't be confused if the screenshots look
> a bit different from what you see on your screen.
>
>   Qt 4
>
> The Qt interface uses the Qt4 framework to provide the graphic
                              ^
Make it consistently "Qt 4".

> user interface. While for Windows packages Qt is the only
> interface available, for GNU/Linux there is also the GTK+
> interface
           ^
Missing full stop.

>   GTK+
>
> The GTK+ interface has two versions, the first one uses the GTK+
                                     :
> 2.0 toolkit while the other one uses GTK+ 3.0 .
                                               ^
No space before the full stop.  If you want to avoid ".0." you can say
"the first one uses GTK+ 2.0 while the other one uses the GTK+ 3.0
toolkit."

>   Command Line
>
> This interface allow to run the application in a console, without
              allows you to
> the need of a graphical server. This is considered for experts
           for
> not because it is hard to use but usually only “experts” use the
> command line.

I think you mean:

  This is intended for experts, not because it is hard to use but
  because usually only “experts” use the command line.

> 2.2 Editing and empty file

Huh?  Should that perhaps be "Editing a new file"?

> You can start creating a new slope by selecting the first element
> of the toolbar, alternatively selecting the element “New” on the
                 ^or
> File menu. You can add check-points selecting the “add
                                     ^by        XXX
> check-point” on the toolbar or by pressing “+” from the keyboard.
> To modify one point select this on the list and than on the “
> modify check-point” on the toolbar. You can also delete one or

  To modify a point, select it from the list and then “modify
  check-point” on the toolbar.

> more points by selecting them on the list and then press “delete
                                                    pressing
> check-point” or “-”.
>
> 2.3 Show the plot
>
> To show the plot after you have created or loaded one slope, you
> have to press the “plot your slope” button in the toolbar. A new
> plot window will pop up showing the desired graph, drawn
> according to the settings on the Options>Preferences menu. If you
> want to change these settings you can use the menu of the plot
> window, these changes only affects the current plot window while
        ;                          X                        ,
> the preferences settings are applied at the opening of every plot
> window.
>
> 2.3.1 Save the plot as Image
                         ^
Arbitrary capitalisation and missing article.

  2.3.1 Save the plot as an image

> You can save the image as seen on the new window to a file.
                                 in

> Many file formats are supported but the most common are:
>
> • svg: It is a vectorial format, which means that can be zoomed
>   without any artifact.

"Vectorial" is only used in mathematics.

The names of formats should be uppercase throughout (you could say
".jpg", but not "jpeg").

  • SVG: a vector format, which means that it can be zoomed with no
    artifacts.

> • bmp: It is a raster format which means that changing the zoom
>   level of the file will affect the quality of the image. No
>   compression is used so the format is simple but the size is
>   big.

  • BMP: a raster format, which means that changing the zoom
    level of the file will affect the quality of the image. No
    compression is used so the format is simple but the files are
    large.

> • png: It is a raster format with loose-less compression which
                                     ^^^^
>   means that the quality is not affected by the compression
>   level.

  • PNG: a raster format with lossless compression, which means that
    the quality is not affected by the compression level.

> • jpeg: It is a raster format that degrades the quality with the
>   level of compression, bu can achieve very small files.
                            ^
  • JPEG: a raster format that degrades the quality with the level of
    compression, but can achieve very small files.

> 3 Advanced Usage

I hope you don't expect me to write this for you!

> 4 Expert Usage
>
> 4.1 Command Line
>
> The command line interface exposes a subset of the features of
> the graphical interface. Many of them are not accessible because
> the console is not suitable for this use case i.e. drawing a path
> on map.

"Not suitable for this use case" is a bit of a non-explanation.  And
again I suspect that's an "e.g." rather than an "i.e."!  Since people
confuse them it's usually best to avoid both and use plain English.

  Many features (such as drawing a path on a map) are not accessible,
  because of the limitations of the console.

> Editing is not possible but more appropriate tools can be used
> instead, see Subsection [sub:Editing-csv].

If this file is the output of some sort of "save as .txt" then you're
going to have trouble assimilating my corrections...

> When CycloGraph is invoked without any option the application
                             with no options
> will guess a suitable graphical interface.
>
> A specific graphical interface can be selected by means of an
> option.
>
> The complete and updated list of supported flags can be shown
> using the “--help” option.
>
> If no graphical interface is selected but a file is opened (using
> “--file=filename”) the application will run from commandline.
                                                   the command-line.
> This means that the slope will be plotted and printed in svg
> format in the standard output. If you want to save it you can
> simply use the output redirection operator of your shell (usually
> “>”).
>
> 4.2 Editing the CycloGraph csv file<sub:Editing-csv>
>
> Cyclograph csv files use ";" delimiter for fields in the same
> line.

  CycloGraph CSV files use the delimiter “;” for fields in the same line.

(Or perhaps that should be "subfields"?  If the delimiter isn't ",",
how is it a Comma-Separated-Valuse file?)

> # line 1: slope informations, 6 fields
>
> 1. csv version
>
> 2. slope name
>
> 3. slope state
>
> 4. author
>
> 5. author's e-mail
                     ^address^

> 6. comments
>
> # line 2,..,n: check points, 3 fields

Is that saying "lines 2+"?

> 1. distance
>
> 2. altitude
>
> 3. check point name

This is a bit sketchy, but then again it is for experts.
--- control.pristine	2012-07-22 16:28:04.947392478 +0100
+++ control	2012-07-22 17:54:59.395392852 +0100
@@ -14,14 +14,14 @@
          ${python:Depends}
 Recommends: cyclograph-gtk2 | cyclograph-qt4
 Tag: interface::commandline
  CycloGraph is an application for plotting the elevation profile of routes.
- It's main purpose is to graphically visualize the difficulty of a
- road, in term of slope, difference in height, etc.
- These kind of plots are used often in cycling competitions but it's
- useful also in other sports, like hiking or running.
+ Its main value is in the graphical visualization of the difficulty of a
+ road, in term of slope, difference in height, etc. Plots like these are
+ often used in cycling competitions, but are also useful in other sports,
+ such as hiking or running.
  .
- This package installs the command-line interface of CycloGraph.
+ This package provides the command-line interface of CycloGraph.

 Package: cyclograph-qt4
 Architecture: all
@@ -29,14 +29,14 @@
          cyclograph,
          python-qt4 (>=4.6)
 Tag: interface::x11, uitoolkit::qt
  CycloGraph is an application for plotting the elevation profile of routes.
- It's main purpose is to graphically visualize the difficulty of a
- road, in term of slope, difference in height, etc.
- These kind of plots are used often in cycling competitions but it's
- useful also in other sports, like hiking or running.
+ Its main value is in the graphical visualization of the difficulty of a
+ road, in term of slope, difference in height, etc. Plots like these are
+ often used in cycling competitions, but are also useful in other sports,
+ such as hiking or running.
  .
- This package installs the Qt 4 interface of CycloGraph.
+ This package provides the Qt 4 interface of CycloGraph.

 Package: cyclograph-gtk2
 Architecture: all
@@ -45,14 +45,14 @@
          python-gtk2 (>=2.14),
          python-webkit
 Tag: interface::x11, uitoolkit::gtk
  CycloGraph is an application for plotting the elevation profile of routes.
- It's main purpose is to graphically visualize the difficulty of a
- road, in term of slope, difference in height, etc.
- These kind of plots are used often in cycling competitions but it's
- useful also in other sports, like hiking or running.
+ Its main value is in the graphical visualization of the difficulty of a
+ road, in term of slope, difference in height, etc. Plots like these are
+ often used in cycling competitions, but are also useful in other sports,
+ such as hiking or running.
  .
- This package installs the GTK+ interface of CycloGraph.
+ This package provides the GTK+ interface of CycloGraph.

 Package: cyclograph-gtk3
 Architecture: all
@@ -61,12 +61,11 @@
          gir1.2-gtk-3.0,
          gir1.2-webkit-3.0
 Tag: interface::x11, uitoolkit::gtk
  CycloGraph is an application for plotting the elevation profile of routes.
- It's main purpose is to graphically visualize the difficulty of a
- road, in term of slope, difference in height, etc.
- These kind of plots are used often in cycling competitions but it's
- useful also in other sports, like hiking or running.
+ Its main value is in the graphical visualization of the difficulty of a
+ road, in term of slope, difference in height, etc. Plots like these are
+ often used in cycling competitions, but are also useful in other sports,
+ such as hiking or running.
  .
- This package installs the GTK3 interface of CycloGraph.
-
+ This package provides the GTK3 interface of CycloGraph.
--- manual.txt.pristine	2012-07-22 20:46:30.755715209 +0100
+++ manual.txt	2012-07-22 21:22:04.851378145 +0100
@@ -4,165 +4,164 @@

 1 Introduction

-CycloGraph is an application born to let the cyclists visualize
-their routes and see how difficult they are.
+CycloGraph is an application born to let cyclists visualize their
+routes and see how difficult they are.

-It is important to stress out that plotting the elevation of a
-path can be interesting also in other sports: i.e. running,
-hiking or even skiing.
-
-The goal of the application is to show the altitude and the slope
-along the route. The plot shall also be as elegant as possible.
-Many other softwares show a simple plot of the altitude but the
-graphics is essential although some of them implements other
-functionalities. CycloGraph aims to be great to produce
-graphically appealing images to be shown on web pages, journals
-or to document the stages of a race.
+It is important to stress that plotting the elevation of a path
+can also be of interest in other sports, such as running, hiking,
+or even skiing.
+
+The goal of the application is to show the altitude and the slope
+along the route, and to do it as elegantly as possible. Many other
[...]

+high rate of recording. CycloGraph lets you import a track
+recorded and stored in GPX (GPs eXchange) format. If your GPS
+device produces files in another format you can use GPSBabel
+(www.gpsbabel.org) to convert it to GPX. Note that GPS tracking
+data is usually not enough to produce a high-quality plot because
+although it contains a lot of points, only a few really add any
+information to the plot. CycloGraph tries to import a reasonable
+number of points, but the best results can be achieved by
+importing more points than needed and then manually deleting the
+ones that are not relevant. You may also want to edit some points
+to add names.

   Files produced by other applications

-Interoperability is important and CycloGraph permits to open
-files saved by other applications.Supported formats are:
+Interoperability is important and CycloGraph permits you to open
+files saved by other applications. Supported formats are:

-• GPS eXchange Format(.gpx)
+• GPS eXchange format (.gpx)

 • Keyhole Markup Language (.kml)

-• Salitaker (.sal)
+• Salitaker format (.sal)

-• Training Center xml (.tcx)
+• Training Center XML (.tcx)

-• Ciclotour (.crp)
+• Ciclotour format (.crp)

-• Ciclomaniac (.xml and .txt)
+• Ciclomaniac format (.xml and .txt)

-  Kml and draw on map
+  KML format and drawing on maps

-Importing a slope from a kml file is a unique feature. This is a
-complex process because a kml file doesn't contain the altitudes
-so they are downloaded from an Internet service. Many services
-can be chosen, each one has different performances in therm of
-resolution and and download speed.
+Importing a slope from a KML file is a unique feature. This is a
+complex process because a KML file doesn't contain the altitudes,
+so they are downloaded from an Internet service. You can choose
+any of many services, which offer different resolution levels and
+download speeds.

-Google Earth (earth.google.com) let you create a route and save
-it in kml.
+Google Earth (earth.google.com) lets you create a route and save
+it in KML.

-CycloGraph embedds a tool to create a kml file by drawing a
-polyline on a map (Open Street Map or Google Maps). The same tool
+CycloGraph embeds a tool to create a KML file by drawing a
+polyline on a map (Open Street Map or Google Maps). The same tool
 can also interface to Google Maps' directions.

-Note that this tool permits you to visualize how hard a slope is
-even if you have never been there. This is very useful in
-planning trip. Please note that using an automatic tool might
-lead to misleading results i.e. if two consecutive point are too
-distant the can miss a peak between them. On the other hand if
-they are too close the slope may be very inaccurate due to the
+Note that this tool permits you to visualize how hard a slope is
+even if you have never been there. This is very useful in
+planning. Please note that using an automatic tool may lead to
+misleading results: if two consecutive points are too far apart
+you can miss a peak between them. On the other hand if they are
+too close together the slope may be very inaccurate due to the
[...]

+CycloGraph has several interfaces, either graphical or
+command-line. If you are a Windows user you're probably interested
+in the Qt 4 interface, because it is the only one which we support
+in the package for your platform.
+
+Note that all graphical interfaces have the same functionality;
+the only difference is in some minor cosmetic details. This is
+only relevant if you are a Linux user, since the Qt interface is
+the only one officially supported for Windows, and on Mac OS X
+it's the only one with even unofficial support.
+
+The same Qt 4 interface looks different when used on different
[...]

-check-point” or “-”.
+This interface allows you to run the application in a console,
+without the need for a graphical server. This is intended for
+experts, not because it is hard to use but because usually only
+“experts” use the command line.
+
+2.2 Editing a new file
+
+You can start creating a new slope by selecting the first element
+of the toolbar, or alternatively selecting the element “New” on
+the File menu. You can add check-points by selecting “add
+check-point” on the toolbar or by pressing “+” from the keyboard.
+To modify one point select this on the list and than on the
+“modify check-point” on the toolbar. You can also delete one or
+more points by selecting them on the list and then pressing
+“delete check-point” or “-”.

 2.3 Show the plot

-To show the plot after you have created or loaded one slope, you
-have to press the “plot your slope” button in the toolbar. A new
-plot window will pop up showing the desired graph, drawn
-according to the settings on the Options>Preferences menu. If you
-want to change these settings you can use the menu of the plot
-window, these changes only affects the current plot window while
-the preferences settings are applied at the opening of every plot
-window.
+To show the plot after you have created or loaded one slope, you
+have to press the “plot your slope” button in the toolbar. A new
+plot window will pop up showing the desired graph, drawn
+according to the settings on the Options>Preferences menu. If you
+want to change these settings you can use the menu of the plot
+window, these changes only affect the current plot window, while
+the preferences settings are applied at the opening of every plot
+window.

-2.3.1 Save the plot as Image
+2.3.1 Save the plot as an image

-You can save the image as seen on the new window to a file.
+You can save the image as seen in the new window to a file.

 Many file formats are supported but the most common are:

-• svg: It is a vectorial format, which means that can be zoomed
-  without any artifact.
+• SVG: a vector format, which means that can be zoomed with no
+  artifacts.

-• bmp: It is a raster format which means that changing the zoom
-  level of the file will affect the quality of the image. No
-  compression is used so the format is simple but the size is
-  big.
-
-• png: It is a raster format with loose-less compression which
-  means that the quality is not affected by the compression
-  level.
+• BMP: a raster format, which means that changing the zoom level

@@ -170,54 +169,54 @@

 4.1 Command Line

-The command line interface exposes a subset of the features of
-the graphical interface. Many of them are not accessible because
-the console is not suitable for this use case i.e. drawing a path
-on map.
+The command line interface exposes a subset of the features of
+the graphical interface. Many features (such as drawing a path on
+a map) are not accessible, because of the limitations of the
+console.

-Editing is not possible but more appropriate tools can be used
+Editing is not possible but more appropriate tools can be used
 instead, see Subsection [sub:Editing-csv].

-When CycloGraph is invoked without any option the application
-will guess a suitable graphical interface.
+When CycloGraph is invoked with no options the application will
[...]

+format to the standard output. If you want to save it you can
+simply use the output redirection operator of your shell (usually
 “>”).

 4.2 Editing the CycloGraph csv file<sub:Editing-csv>

-Cyclograph csv files use ";" delimiter for fields in the same
+CycloGraph CSV files use the delimiter “;” for fields in the same
 line.

-# line 1: slope informations, 6 fields
+# line 1: slope informations, 6 fields

-1. csv version