Re: [RFR] wml://News/weekly/2012/14/index.wml Debian Project News frozen. Please review and translate

On 2012-07-10 10:06, David Prévot wrote:
Hi,

Thanks to Cédric and Pabs, we just finished the last bits for the latest
issue of the Debian Project News that has already been delayed. We would
appreciate reviews and translations. Thanks in advance if you manage to
answer quickly: we'd really much like to send it in ~24h.

Instructions are available on the wiki :
	http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews

As usual, the last updated version is available on the publicity
Subversion repository, even via HTTP:
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/publicity/dpn/en/current/index.wml?view=markup

Regards

David

Thank you David and everyone. Here are my remarks:

as the default artwork for Debian systems for the upcoming release of Debian 7.0 (Wheezy).
The theme is intended to appeal by being efficient with a light and simple theme.
There is also a fancier variant called<q>Joy Inksplat</q>  available in the
desktop-base package for those who prefer a more fun desktop. For the release
after Wheezy, there are early thoughts about introducing multiple themes, more
fine-grained theme packages and metapackages for selecting among them.

How can a theme be "efficient"?
Also, mentioning future plans isn't very interesting without references to these.

He then explored the challenges
that we face in meeting our responsibility to live up to our role in the Free Software community,
including keeping contribution levels healthy, increasing the diversity of our community,
being on time with releases, keeping release freezes short, collective code ownership,
low company involvement and how the<acronym lang="en" title="Debian Project Leader">DPL</acronym>
role might need to evolve in the future.

This would be much clearer (and less confusing) if we used verbs for all items or none.

<rcstats release="Wheezy"
	testing="484"
	tobefixed="325" />

The high number should currently read 588.