Re: [Openstack-devel] New Debconf template for the nova source package

Hi Christian!

On 06/20/2012 01:41 PM, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> Quoting Thomas Goirand (zigo@debian.org):
>> Hi Bubule and the others,
>>
>> I have added new templates for nova. I just uploaded nova_2012.1-7,
>> including the following new template (from
>> debian/nova-compute-xen.templates):
>
> So we didn't even end up the call for translations for the *former*
> addition of templates and now here are new ones.
>
> You know this is usually a situation where that leads to mess,
> headaches and generally a big fuckup with translations, right?
>
> Several teams are *still* working on the first set of templates, so
> introducing new ones will need someone to check with all of them where
> they are and resync their PO files to add the new strings and reask
> them for updates and check what's incoming, etc, etc.
>
> Guess who will do that? :-)

It doesn't have to be you each time. I can take care of it (and will)!

Note that the current version of the nova (source) package already has
modifications that I had yesterday on the BTS (eg: change of the English
templates, and translations just sent by translators). My plan was to
ask for updates from those who sent translations already.

> Of course, I'll do it as these new templates are probably the most
> important on Earth and they'll save the world.....but, still, waiting
> the the very few days we had left for the prior call for translations
> would have helped.

Unfortunately, this was part of RC bug fixing: I had to code the thing
to not ship /etc/nova/nova.conf as conffile, since it was edited by
debconf. And thought this was the correct moment to also add the
configuration for nova-compute-xen.

I knew I would break your work Christian, and I feel sorry about this,
but I take the responsibility for it, and will fix it by myself
accordingly. The only thing I need is the English text to be reviewed,
which has already started.

Thanks for your huge translation work in Debian,
Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)