Re: [LCFC] wml://{intro/diversity,News/2012/20120420}.wml [Let's release an announcement tomorrow?]

> The <strong>technical</strong> part of Debian Project is already
                                        ^
Insert "the" here and below.

If I was doing "stylistic" edits I'd suggest s/part/side/, but that's
getting too close to changing the content for my liking.

> committed to diversity: we don't accept discrimination against persons,
> groups or fields of endeavor in our software
> (<a href="$(HOME)/social_contract#guidelines">Debian Free Software
> Guidelines, points 5 and 6</a>).
> Now, the <strong>community</strong> part of Debian Project explicitly
> welcomes and encourages participation by everyone.

> <q>The constructive and fruitful discussion that led to the current
> version of this statement was really encouraging</q> said Francesca
> Ciceri who proposed the initial draft and took a lot of other opinions into account.
        ^
FK's right, extra comma here and preferably another at the end of each
quote, to match this one:

> <q>I'd like to thank all the people who participated in the drafting process
> proposing changes and fixes, explaining different points of view and
> approving this initiative</q>, Francesca added.

(There's quite a bit of diversity of opinion on this one!  Most en_US
stylesheets would put the comma inside the quotes, but I'm siding with
"http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/writing-style.html";)

[...]
> No matter how you identify yourself or how others perceive you:
> we welcome you.

I'd have suggested a semicolon (or even a comma) there, but a colon
would definitely be valid if the sentence started "it doesn't matter
how...", so I'll stop worrying about it.