Re: confusing NEWS.Debian message

Andrew Shadura wrote:
> Justin B Rye <jbr@edlug.org.uk> wrote:

>> Or here's an ultra-squeezed version of the whole thing:
>
>>   The --all option to if{up,down,query} can now be combined with the
>>   --allow option to act on all interfaces of a specific class (still
>>   defaulting to the class "auto"). See interfaces(5) for details of
>>   how hook scripts are called.
>
> Sounds good. Probably will use this 'squeezed' version.

Perhaps the last sentence could be rephrased to help the impacted
admin understand what action is needed and help the unaffected
admin not to worry:

	If you have custom hook scripts, you may need to update them.
	See interfaces(5) for details.

Though I am just guessing about the impact.  Is that guess right?

Jonathan