Re: Typo in "A Brief History of Debian"

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 01:43:44PM +0000, Justin B Rye wrote:
> Andrea Brugiolo wrote:
> > I suppose the phrase "May old libraries were removed..." wanted to be
> > ""Many old libraries were removed...", at the end of the page
> > http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/project-history/ch-releases.en.html
>
> Agreed.  That page could do with some love - I would suggest throwing
> out some of the less important facts about Etch and Lenny now that
> they're no longer news - but I'll restrict my comments below to the
> section for Squeeze.

Well, I am not digging the mine like you all are doing in these
mailing lists so I hope this won't bother you as an intrusion: from my
point of view (a quite advanced user), keeping most of the history
possible on that page (without boring with too long texts, of course)
would be not a bad idea: it is useful to have a clear idea at a glance
of the Debian evolution, and a clear idea of what the developers who
wrote those texts in those day were thinking it was important, in
those days :-) In other words (and going possibly even further
Justin's intention): the chronicle should not be rewritten :-D

Therefore, from my point of view I would be rather conservative --
after that, people who really want completeness of information can
always go and read the specific release notes, of course. But I am
sure you are already doing such considerations.

That said, I don't comment on the rest of Justin't text as I am not so
deep in the Debian culture so I give you back the word.

Thank you all, again, for you work and for paying attention to these
aspects of the Debian development, that are everything but marginal,
imho.

Andrea

--
Andrea Brugiolo                            nick@fsugpadova.org