Re: Kernel Patch ?

Tanuky wrote:
> I'm a newbie in Linux, but I have a problem with my netbook Samsung NF210.
> The touchpad is recognized as a PS/2 Mouse on Debian.
> On Ubuntu (Kernel 3.0.0-12-generic), everything is working, but on Debian,
> no way.

This kind of question is more likely to get swift and useful answers
if you send it to the mailing list debian-user@lists.debian.org (or to
debian-user-french, where you'll find people who speak French).

When you ask them, it would help if you could tell them what kernel
you were running on Debian when you had the problem.  And do you
really mean that "The touchpad is recognized as a PS/2 Mouse on
Debian"?  Isn't that what you want?

> I heard there is a kernel patch for this, but I don't know how to use :
> https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=973025#p973025

Well, I haven't needed to do anything like this for a long time, when
the simplest approach was to use the package "kernel-package".  These
days it's probably easier to use the Linux kernel's "make deb-pkg"
build target, as documented in the Debian Kernel Handbook:

	http://kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org/

> Can you help me please ? (Sorry for my language...!)

This is a localisation ("-l10n-") mailing list dedicated to helping
developers to write the English version of package documentation,
which mostly means nitpicking their language...
--
JBR
Never work between meals (Norfolk proverb)