Re: [RFR] templates://docbookwiki/{templates}

On Tue, 2011-02-15 at 20:08 +0000, Justin B Rye wrote:
> >   In order for DocBookWiki to function correctly, you must run the command
> > + "visudo" after installation finishes. That command will open the
> > + "sudo" configuration file where you should add the following:
> >   .
> >   #includedir /etc/sudoers.d
>
> Hang on - my unmodified upstream /etc/sudoers file already *has* this
> line.  It's confusing enough that it uses this dumb syntax that makes
> it look as if it's commented out when in fact it's active...  So don't
> tell people to add it; at most, tell them to make sure it's there -
> and better yet, put this information in a README and don't
> unnecessarily interrupt the install.  Or maybe even grep for it and
> use an "error" template if the line's missing?

Maintainer here.  The package does grep for it, and only prompts if it's
missing.  It's not an error for it to be missing though, because it was
not there in older versions of sudo, and the sudo Debian package does
not not add it automatically when upgrading.

--
Jeremy Malcolm PhD LLB (Hons) B Com
Internet and Open Source lawyer, consumer advocate, geek