Re: - package description proposal

Ben Finney wrote:
> Justin B Rye <jbr@edlug.org.uk> writes:
>
>>  * it's "YouTube", with camelcase;
>
> Strictly speaking, “YouTube” is not camelCase, but TitleCase.

Hmmm.  The Jargon File agrees with you about "camelCase", but
Wikipedia ignores this distinction and implies that "CamelCase" has
always been synonymous with "InterCaps", "BiCapitalization",
"WikiWords", etc.  Apparently the first word that the term "camelcase"
was publicly applied to was "eMpTy" (which I'd have called
"studlycaps").  I think in future I'll try to avoid treating the term
as if it had any generally agreed meaning.

Meanwhile I would have said "titlecase" was simply the name for the
Capitalisation Style Used in Titles, without any runningtogether of
separatewords.

Now I come to think of it, maybe brand names like "MasterCard" or
"YouTube" or "FedEx" aren't best thought of as odd in the way they're
capitalised so much as odd in the way their component parts are stuck
together without hyphens.  And "McDonald's" doesn't even count as
odd...