Re: Explicit mention of normal CD for netinst images (Was: Modification du texte de netinst)

Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> Justin B Rye wrote:
>> "Small CDs" is a terrible description, especially when it goes on to
>> refer to "small CD-R(W) media, 80 mm/3.1″ in diameter" as if that
>> wasn't the standard size (and as if I couldn't use a DVD).
>
> True.  Probably it should say that they are suitable for 'ordinary
> CD-R(W) media, 120mm/4.7" in diameter, or Mini CDs, 80mm/3.1" in
> diameter', with room to spare for a song or two.

The physical dimensions of the disk serve only to make things
confusing.  Maybe it could say that they can be used to make "bootable
optical (mini-CD/CD/DVD/BluRay) or USB media".  Or since more things
are bound to turn up that belong on that list maybe it should just say
it's the default ISO image, which should be used unless you're sure
you need one of the others.

>> Is this
>> page using "CD" to mean "ISO image", so that "small" is in terms of
>> disk space, or what?
>
> Yes.

That needs to change, then - especially now that you can put an
installer ISO image on a USB stick.

>> And what's all this about "Tiny CDs"?  Is that
>> third option trying to refer to hd-media installs?
>
> It seems so.

So it's got nothing to do with tiny CDs.  Probably the text here
should mention the word "hd-media" instead...