Re: Debian Project News 2011/09 frozen. Please review and translate

Francesca Ciceri wrote:
> This part (and the next one) is a quote from Per Andersson. Even if I've
> fixed a little typo (s,phat,fat), I don't think we have the right to
> change his sentences formulation (being its corrected or not): as they're
> included in the <q></q> tags, we have to leave them leave unchanged.

That's the policy I've followed elsewhere (cf. Didier Raboud's
"reversely"), but this bit isn't currently enclosed in <q> tags; for a
start there's nothing to indicate where he's being quoted from.

>> Meanwhile near the end in the list of new contributors I'd "corrected"
>> "Артём Попов" to "Artem Popov" on the assumption that we're allowed to
>> localise everything into one alphabet - after all, Aron Xu doesn't get
>> to use Chinese characters.
>
> While writing the paragraph, we (me, David and Alexander) have had a
> little debate about it: as Artem decided to put its name in cyrillic on
> the uploaded package (as you can see here [1]), my opinion is that
> we need to respect his apparent desire to use cyrillic form of his name.
> In case, in order to improve readability of the paragraph for no
> russians readers, we could add the transliterated name in brackets.

I would vote against this - in the world of print, house stylesheets
are conventionally entitled to override the individual's choice in
this context, even down to details like deciding whether to call me
"Justin B Rye" or "Justin B. Rye".