Re: New English strings

Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Template: dtc/conf_enforce_adm_encryption
> Type: boolean
> Default: true
                                 ^
That's an awkwardly high stack of nouns modifying nouns, and you can't
(normally) put a plural ending in the middle of such a stack.  Below
it talks about "all admin passwords".  I'm going to assume we're
talking about multiple admin accounts (per machine) with one password
each - that would be:

If my assumption is wrong this may need to be "... password" or
perhaps "... password(s)".

>  To enhance security in case of a breach, DTC can encrypt all
>  admin passwords. If passwords are encrypted, you cannot see them
>  by clicking on the looking glass (you will only see the encrypted
>  version of the password), but you can always use the dtcpasswdm
>  shell script to create or change a new password.

"Looking glass" is an old-fashioned word for "mirror" - I think you
mean "magnifying glass icon".  Otherwise this looks okay.  No, wait,
what is it talking about when it says "change a new password"?  I
suspect it's "to change a password or create a new one", or maybe
"to (re)set a password"... I'll just drop the word "new".

Revised templates.pot attached (though I'd prefer to be editing a
.templates file).

* * *
Obligatory Why-The-Name Footnote:
DTC = "Domain Technologie Control".  What language is that?
# SOME DESCRIPTIVE TITLE.
# Copyright (C) YEAR THE PACKAGE'S COPYRIGHT HOLDER
# This file is distributed under the same license as the PACKAGE package.
# FIRST AUTHOR <EMAIL@ADDRESS>, YEAR.
#
#, fuzzy
msgid ""
msgstr ""
"Project-Id-Version: PACKAGE VERSION\n"
"Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: dtc@packages.debian.org\n"
"POT-Creation-Date: 2011-04-03 18:43+0800\n"
"PO-Revision-Date: YEAR-MO-DA HO:MI+ZONE\n"
"Last-Translator: FULL NAME <EMAIL@ADDRESS>\n"
"Language-Team: LANGUAGE <LL@li.org>\n"
"Language: \n"

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:1001
msgid "Automatically configure MySQL user?"
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:1001
msgid ""
"DTC can use /etc/mysql/debian.cnf to automatically create a root mysql user "
"for DTC to access and manage MySQL and DTC's database. This way, no question "
"will be asked to you about what MySQL root password is used, all will be "
"automated, but the drawback is that the MySQL server that will be used will "
"always be located in the local machine (you won't be able to configure DTC "
"to use a remote database server)."
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:1001
msgid ""
"In any case, please make sure that your MySQL root password is set. As per "
"default, Debian installs it with a blank password. To set your MySQL root "
"password, issue the following command: dpkg-reconfigure mysql-server-5.0. "
"You've been warned!"
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:2001
msgid "MySQL hostname:"
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:2001
msgid "Please enter the hostname or IP address of the MySQL server."
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:3001
msgid "MySQL administrator:"
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:3001
msgid ""
"Please enter the login name of a MySQL user with administrative privileges. "
"DTC will use it to grant privileges for the tables to its users."
msgstr ""

#. Type: password
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:4001
msgid "MySQL administrator password:"
msgstr ""

#. Type: password
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:4001
msgid "Please enter the password of the MySQL administrator."
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:5001
msgid "DTC database name:"
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:5001
msgid ""
"Please enter the name of the database to use for storing all DTC hosting "
"information."
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:6001
msgid "Change MySQL root password?"
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:6001
msgid ""
"By default, the mysql-server package does not require a password for the "
"MySQL root user. This can be changed during the configuration of the DTC "
"package."
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:7001
msgid "Domain name:"
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:7001
msgid ""
"Please enter the first domain which you want DTC to manage. This domain name "
"will be used to install the root admin and customer web control panel of DTC "
"(under one of this domain's subdomains)."
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:8001
msgid "DTC root panel subdomain:"
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:8001
msgid "Please enter the subdomain to be used by the DTC control panel."
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:9001
msgid "Primary IP address:"
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:9001
msgid ""
"Please enter this host's primary IP address. This address will be used for "
"the domain name you just provided, and will be used as the default for most "
"DTC variables.  If you are using Network Address Translation (NAT), please "
"enter your external IP address."
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:10001
msgid "Path for hosted domains:"
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:10001
msgid ""
"Please enter the directory to be used by DTC to store files for all hosted "
"domains."
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:10001
msgid ""
"If you choose /var/www, which is Apache's default document root, all files "
"hosted in that directory may become publicly accessible. It is therefore "
"recommended to change the DocumentRoot setting in Apache configuration if "
"you choose /var/www as path for hosted domains."
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:11001
msgid "Path for the chroot environment template:"
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:11001
msgid ""
"Please enter the directory to be used by DTC to build the cgi-bin chroot "
"environment template."
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:12001
msgid "Main domain admin name:"
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:12001
msgid ""
"Each DTC domain must have an administrator. Please enter the login name of "
"the administrator for the domain name containing the control panel "
"installation."
msgstr ""

#. Type: password
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:13001
msgid "Main domain admin password:"
msgstr ""

#. Type: password
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:13001
msgid ""
"Please choose the main domain administrator's password. Access to the "
"control panel must be managed manually through a .htpasswd file in the root "
"path."
msgstr ""

#. Type: select
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:14001
msgid "Mail Transfer Agent (MTA) type:"
msgstr ""

#. Type: select
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:14001
msgid ""
"Please select the MTA that will be used with DTC. It should be installed on "
"the system already. If no such MTA is currently installed, please complete "
"the setup of DTC, install a MTA package, then run \"dpkg-reconfigure dtc\"."
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:15001
msgid "Use Cyrus mail system?"
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:15001
msgid ""
"Please choose this option if you are using Cyrus for mail delivery, IMAP and "
"MTA. This option is only compatible with Postfix."
msgstr ""

#. Type: select
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:16001
msgid "Apache version to configure:"
msgstr ""

#. Type: select
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:16001
msgid ""
"DTC supports both Apache and Apache2. Please enter the version which DTC "
"should use."
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:17001
msgid "Use \"NATed\" vhosts?"
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:17001
msgid ""
"DTC can configure Apache to use one of your IP addresses. If the server is "
"firewalled with NAT and port redirections of public IP(s) address(es), a "
"\"NATed\" vhost configuration can be generated."
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:17001
msgid ""
"This option should be chosen only if the server is not connected to the "
"Internet directly, but through a firewall doing network address translation "
"(NAT). If the server uses a dynamic public IP address, NAT and port "
"forwarding are mandatory for DTC."
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:18001
msgid "NATed LAN IP address:"
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:18001
msgid ""
"Please enter the IP address of the server for DTC to generate all vhosts "
"that will be used by Apache."
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:19001
msgid "Generate an SSL certificate for DTC?"
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:19001
msgid ""
"If you choose this option, DTC will generate a self-signed SSL certificate "
"and will use SSL to browse the panel. SSL will also be activated and the "
"generated Apache configuration will activate HTTPS URLs for the control "
"panel."
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:19001
msgid "This certificate can be changed for a root CA certificate later."
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:19001
msgid ""
"Previously-generated certificates will never be overwritten. To regenerate "
"the certificate, you need to remove all the files in /usr/share/dtc/etc/ssl."
msgstr ""

#. Type: password
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:20001
msgid "DTC certificate passphrase:"
msgstr ""

#. Type: password
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:20001
msgid "Please choose a passphrase to protect the generated SSL certificate."
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:21001
msgid "Country code for the DTC SSL certificate:"
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:21001
msgid ""
"Please enter the 2-letter country code for the generated certificate. This "
"should usually be the code for the country the server is located in."
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:22001
msgid "City name for the DTC SSL certificate:"
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:23001
msgid "Organization name for the DTC SSL certificate:"
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:24001
msgid "Organizational unit for the DTC SSL certificate:"
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:25001
msgid "Email address for the DTC SSL certificate:"
msgstr ""

#. Type: password
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:26001
msgid "DTC SSL certificate challenge password:"
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:27001
msgid "DNSBL (DNS BlackList) list:"
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:27001
msgid ""
"Please enter the list of preferred DNSBL servers to add to your Postfix mail "
"server configuration."
msgstr ""

#. Type: select
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:28001
msgid "Local address extension character:"
msgstr ""

#. Type: select
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:28001
msgid ""
"Please choose the character that will be used to define a local address "
"extension. This MUST match what you have set in your postfix or qmail setup."
msgstr ""

#. Type: select
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:28001
msgid ""
"The recipient delimiter will be used for your mailing lists. Let's say you "
"use the + char as delimiter, then your users will have to send a mail to list"
"+subscribe@example.com. The drawback when choosing + is that some MTA don't "
"allow to send mail with this char in the recipient (namely some bad qmail "
"patches are incompatibles), but when using - as delimiter, you will not be "
"able to use an email of the form john-doe@example.com as - is the delimiter."
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:29001
msgid "Subdomain name for the MX server:"
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:29001
msgid ""
"Your mail server will need to use a subdomain name to accept mail. This "
"subdomain will be configured in your mail server and your domain name server "
"by DTC. Any name is ok here."
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:30001
msgid "Network devices to monitor:"
msgstr ""

#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:30001
msgid ""
"Please enter all the network devices you wish to be monitored by the RRDTool "
"graphing utility."
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:31001
msgid "Allow to report anonymous statistics to GPLHost?"
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:31001
msgid ""
"DTC installations can be reported to the GPLHost web site. The only "
"collected data are the operating system name (Debian) and the IP address "
"(used as a unique identifier only). An Internet connection and the wget "
"binary are required to report the statistics."
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:32001
msgid "Skip mknod calls when building the chroot template?"
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:32001
msgid ""
"In some environments, such as Linux vServer, mknod cannot be executed. This "
"option allows skipping the creation of the null, random and urandom devices "
"during the chroot template creation."
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:33001
msgid "Encrypt DTC admin passwords?"
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../dtc-common.templates:33001
msgid ""
"To enhance security in case of a breach, DTC can encrypt all admin "
"passwords. If passwords are encrypted, you cannot see them by clicking on "
"the magnifying glass icon (you will only see the encrypted version of the password), "
"but you can always use the dtcpasswdm shell script to create or change a "
"password."
msgstr ""