Re: [RFR] templates://dokuwiki/{templates}

Quoting Justin B Rye (jbr@edlug.org.uk):

> I think it's new since I started reviewing things on this list, but
> that's a while now!  It crops up quite often these days as a way of
> simplifying translations - most recently for tgif last month.  But do

Yes, this is fully supported.

> we want translators to translate the names?  Some of the
> non-anglophone wikipedias retain the English forms as if they were
> canonical... oh well, I'll let debian-i18n-legal worry about that.

I think it would be better to *not* mark the terms as translatable....

> Template: dokuwiki/wiki/license
> Type: select
> __Choices: CC No Rights Reserved, CC Attribution, CC Attribution-ShareAlike, GNU Free Documentation License, CC Attribution-NonCommercial, CC Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike
> Choices-C: cc-zero, cc-by, cc-by-sa, gnufdl, cc-by-nc, cc-by-nc-sa
> Default: cc-by-sa
>  Please choose the license that should apply to your wiki content.
>  .
>  The Creative Commons "No Rights Reserved" licence is designed to
>  waive as many rights as legally possible.
>  .
>  CC Attribution is a permissive license that only requires licensees
>  to give credit to the author.
>  .
>  CC Attribution-ShareAlike and the GNU FDL are copyleft-based free
>  licenses (requiring modifications to be released under similar terms).
>  .
>  CC Attribution-NonCommercial and Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike
>  are non-free licenses, in that they forbid commercial use.

My proposal with another enumeration method (more space-savvy:
remember this will be a Select template where the list of choices
already eats a lot of space...so more paragraphs are ikely to make
this spread over two screens on 80x25 displays.

Also s/your wiki/the wiki

Template: dokuwiki/wiki/license
Type: select
Choices: CC No Rights Reserved, CC Attribution, CC Attribution-ShareAlike, GNU Free Documentation License, CC Attribution-NonCommercial, CC Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike
Choices-C: cc-zero, cc-by, cc-by-sa, gnufdl, cc-by-nc, cc-by-nc-sa
Default: cc-by-sa
 Please choose the license that should apply to the wiki content:
 .
  * CC No Rights Reserved: waive as many rights as legally possible;
  * CC Attribution:        permissive license that only requires licensees
                           to give credit to the author;
  * CC Attribution-ShareAlike / GNU FDL:
                           copyleft-based free licenses (requiring
                           modifications to be released under similar terms);
  * CC Attribution-NonCommercial / Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike: