Re: [RFR] templates://docbookwiki/{templates}

Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> Jeremy Malcolm wrote:
>> Maintainer here.  The package does grep for it, and only prompts if it's
>> missing.  It's not an error for it to be missing though, because it was
>> not there in older versions of sudo, and the sudo Debian package does
>> not not add it automatically when upgrading.

Okay, that justifies this phrasing, as long as the grep is reliable -
I'm assuming it will trigger the template if my /etc/sudoers contains
a line

##includedir /etc/sudoers.d

> More precisely, it's a line in a (new) conffile.  It is supposed to be
> added when upgrading, but due to a (dpkg?) bug[1] there is a prompt
> about that that some users might say "N" to.
>
> [1] http://bugs.debian.org/612532

I suspect a lot of users are going to try to activate the feature by
removing the leading hash (cf. #609741).  Of course, adding a comment
to explain the syntax now would require *another* change to
/etc/snafu...