RE : request for review ITP for guidata and guiqwt

Hello

I forward a mail from upstream answering to your interogrations.

thanks for your help.

Frederic

> "Plot widgets" sound like something out of TVTropes.  Should it be
> "plotting widgets"?

Absolutely.

> If "curves, 1-D and 2-D histograms, images" are things that guiqwt
> produces, is that an exhaustive list or just a sample?

That is just a sample but almost exhaustive.

> The "application development" is at the end of a noun-pile with a
> slightly unclear structure.  Is it "efficient data-plotting
> application development and signal/image processing application
> development" or is it "signal/image processing application
> development and efficient data-plotting"?  I suspect the former, and
> that it's a bit redundant given that this is a programming library -

Actually that is more likely "signal/image processing application development and efficient data-plotting".

guiqwt provides plotting widgets that may be used to visualize 2D data:
  * interactively, in predefined windows (like opening "figures" in MATLAB)
  * (1) within an application (i.e. plotting widgets may be embedded in complex GUI layouts), like a signal/image processing application

guiqwt also provides (2) helpers for rapid signal/image processing application programming (curve fitting, image contrast adjustment tool, etc.).

So, in the original description, the expression "signal/image processing application development" was referring to (a) and (b).

> you could just say:

>    Based on PyQwt (plotting widgets for PyQt4 graphical user interfaces)
>    and on the scientific modules NumPy and SciPy, guiqwt is a Python library
>    for signal/image processing and efficient 2D data-plotting, producing
>    curves, images, and 1D or 2D histograms.

Another suggestion (to be reviewed -- not enough satisfying to my opinion):

 Based on PyQwt (plotting widgets for PyQt4 graphical user interfaces)
 and on the scientific modules NumPy and SciPy, guiqwt is a Python library
 providing efficient 2D data-plotting features (curve/image visualization
 and related tools) for interactive computing and signal/image processing
 application development.