releasenotes

People are talking about the Squeeze release notes being nearly
ready for a call for translations.  I hope they are remembering that
before the call for translations there needs to be a quick
debian-l10n-english proofreading run-through, and before *that* we
need to come up with some factually accurate content.

When I look at the version on display at
http://www.debian.org/releases/squeeze/i386/release-notes/ I see
something so jam-packed with stale material that I wouldn't know
where to start reporting bugs, other than perhaps to recommend
throwing out chapter 2, chapter 3, much of chapter 4, chapter 5, and
of course appendix C.

Is there a version somewhere that's nearly ready?  Last time it was
svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/ddp/manuals/trunk/release-notes, but if
that copy contains any improvements then I'm not spotting them.

It has always seemed to me that using a summary of the notable
differences between Release-A and Release-B as the basis for our
summary of the notable differences between Release-B and Release-C
is a rather effective labour-wasting strategy.

--
JBR	For trifling occasions it is better to accomplish things
	simply by yelling - _Hagakure_, Yamamoto Tsunetomo (1716)