Re: po/*po files can't generated!

> Eric KOM wrote:
>> Subject: Re: po/*po files can't generated!
>
> That's ungrammatical, by the way.

Sorry, I'm native french.

>> Hi Dear!
>
> And that's a salutation I've only ever seen on spam.
>
>> I'm trying to use debconf with po-debconf in my package,
>>
>> the problem is
>> want I run the command:
>>
>> $debconf-gettextize templates
>
> That's not necessarily a problem.  However, I see in the manpage for
> debconf-gettextize that it's mostly only needed for converting a
> templates file into a format compatible with po-debconf.  Are you
> sure you need to do that?  It seems unlikely if the templates have
> already been reviewed by this list...

Yeah! Just want to translate the templates file to another languages.
I was thinking that after run debconf-gettextize, It's going to read the
master and POTFILES.in  files and generated all po/*.po files.

>> I received this message error below.
>> Template parse error near `# These templates have been reviewed by the
>> debian-l10n-english ', in stanza #1 of templates
>
> I suspect there's a parse error in stanza #1 of the templates file,
> right at the top near that commented header line.  That may
> indicate that debconf-gettextize doesn't need to be invoked on this
> file.
>
>> Please how can I  generate all po/*.po?
>
> You might want debconf-updatepo; but then again I'm not sure you'd
> be calling that by hand rather than letting the debian/rules file
> have a make target that does it automatically.

I set debconf-updatepo in clean target in debian/rules.
as a description for this command, It only updates all po/*po files.
I was thinking that it's going to create them.

>> May be I missing some step!
>>
>> Thanks a lot.
>
> You're welcome.
Thanks