Re: Manpage pyksoko, could you have a look

Sorry, I hadn't noticed this reply when I wrote mine.

David Prévot wrote:
>> Could you read over the manpage and give some hints please.
>
> Please find attached a typo correction. I would also suggest, as advised
> in the developer's reference [1], to begin the short description
> (synopsys) of your control file without an extra capital letters.
>
> [1]http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/best-pkging-practices.html#bpp-pkg-synopsis

Wait, the synopsis of the package description?  Where's that?  I
thought we were just reviewing the man page.

> For the other members of the list, please find as follow the description
> of the package as I fond it from sourceforge [1].
>
> [1]http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyksokoban/files/

>  A clone of the sokoban game with the skin
>  of the KSokoban game who was shipped  with KDE 3.5.x.
>  You don't need KDE dependencies for it.
>  There is also a modern  warehouse skin and
>  the design is based around a warehouse.
>  The game has over 5000 Levels.
>  .
>  "Sokoban" is japanese for "warehouse keeper".
>  The player tries to push crates to their proper
>  locations in a warehouse.
>  .
>  Crates cannot be pulled or stepped over and the
>  player needs to avoid pushing crates into dead ends
>  or allowing crates to block movement in the warehouse.

With the nonnativisms filtered out this would make a good basis for a
Debian package description, but let's transplant in that material
about not depending on KDE.  Something like:

   pyKsoko is a clone of the puzzle game sokoban, using a default skin
   taken from the KSokoban shipped with KDE 3.5.x (but not depending on
   KDE). The game also has a "modern" skin, and over 5000 levels.
   Background music for the game can be downloaded from its homepage.
   .
   You play a warehouse keeper ("sokoban" in Japanese) trying to push
   crates to their proper locations in a warehouse without letting them
   get into dead ends or block movement; crates cannot be pulled or
   stepped over.

(Pedantic footnote: in fact the Japanese for warehouse keeper is
"sōkoban", but never mind the macron.)