Re: [RFR] templates://dokuwiki/{templates} (17 templates)

Quoting Justin B Rye (jbr@edlug.org.uk):

> If this is a choice of either apache2 or nothing, why multiselect?
> Just to leave room for expansion?  At present the fact it talks
> about "web server(S)" is a bit confusing.

Agreed. I guess, this is inherited from the days where choices were
often "apache, apache-ssl, apache2".

Some other packages do offer lighttpd as a web server to
configure automatically (we just had a review for simbad, with it, for
instance). So, Tanguy, you might want to consider whether it's
possible to use automatic configuration with lighttpd.

> > Template: dokuwiki/system/restart-webserver
> > Type: boolean
> > Default: true
>                               ^
> The recommended newbie-friendly spelling makes it two words.
>
> >  In order to activate the new configuration, the reconfigured web
> >  server(s) have to be restarted.
>
> Giving optionally-plural "web server(s)" plural agreement ("have")
> is legal but again confusing.
>
> > Template: dokuwiki/system/documentroot
> > Type: string
> >  DokuWiki will be accessible through a directory of your website.
> >  By default, this is http://yourserver/dokuwiki, but you can
> >  change it to be anything within your server.  Enter just the directory
> >  portion below.
> > Default: /dokuwiki
>
> If it's running on serverbox1.lan, even /proc is "within my server",
> and I'm pretty sure I can't put it there - only below the webroot.
> Also, no need to state the default, which is already there in the
> text entry box... but is it guaranteed that it'll appear "below"?
> How about just:
>
>    Specify the directory below the server's docroot from which
>    DokuWiki should be accessible.

Maybe s/docroot/document root

> > Template: dokuwiki/system/accessible
> > Type: select
> >  A Wiki is normally used to provide unlimited access to information, which
>      ^
> >  can be freely modified by anyone.  Since this is not always wanted,
> >  it is possible to restrict access to the site on the basis of the
> >  originating IP address.
>
> Wikipedia say lowercase "wiki".  Here's a more concise phrasing:
>
>     Wikis normally provide open access to their content, allowing anyone
>     to modify it. Alternatively, access can be restricted by IP address.

Agreed.

> > Template: dokuwiki/wiki/password
> > Type: password
> >  Please choose a password for the wiki administrator.
> >
> > Template: dokuwiki/wiki/confirm
> > Type: password
> >  Please enter the same password again to verify
> >  you have typed it correctly.
> >
> > Template: dokuwiki/wiki/failpass
> > Type: error
> >  The passwords do not match, please type them again.
>
> Comma splice - make it two sentences.

Also avoid exclamation marks, please.

These very common templates should be identical in all packages.

Taking simba as example:

 Please choose a password for the wiki administrator.

 Please enter the same "admin" password again to verify
 you have typed it correctly.

Type: error
 The two passwords you entered were not the same. Please try again.