Re: [RFR] Description and templates for package dotLRN

Wow, I really didn't expect an answer until today, thanks guys for the
quick response! :)

@Justin: that is a very complete (and instructive) review, huge thanks!

@Christian: at this time I'm using wwwconfig-common to manage the
database setup, but, as you said, dbconfig-common looks better for
that.

I'd like to upload a new version with the fixed templates and control
files, and after that take some time to modify the package to use
dbconfig-common.

> > Template: dotlrn/create_tables
> > Type: note
> >  The dotLRN install process will create the database, but will not
> >  populate it with tables. Point a browser at:
> >  .
> >  http://localhost:8000/
> >  .
> >  The address and port that dotLRN will listen on can be configured
> >  in /etc/aolserver4/conf.d/dotlrn.sh.
>

> As I already mentioned in a separate bug report, I think this can be
> considered debconfn abuse. But you maybe already answered and we'll
> discuss that in the bug report..:-)

This one wasn't mentioned specifically on the bug report, but you are
right, it looks like a debconf abuse, so i'll move it to the
README.Debian file :-)

Should I make the suggested changes now, or wait a bit to see if someone
else has something more to say?

Thanks again.

Cheers, Héctor