Re: Debian Project News 2010/16 frozen. Please review and translate

On 2010-11-19 18:21, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
Hi!

We just finished the last bits for the latest issue of the Debian
Project News to be release on Monday.  I would appreciate reviews and
translations.

Instructions can be found on http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews

Thank you Alexander, here are my remarks:

Rapha&euml;l Hertzog published an<a
href="http://raphaelhertzog.com/2010/11/11/people-behind-debian-joey-hess-of-debhelper-fame/";>interview
with longterm Debian Developer Joey Hess
"longterm" is not in the dictionary, this should probably read "longtime".

Although<a href="http://www.debian.org/ports/m68k/";>Debian supported the
Motorola 680x0 processors</a>  from Debian 2.0
<q>Hamm</q>, support for that architecture was dropped with Debian 3.1
<q>Etch</q>  for various reasons.
Debian 3.1 is Sarge, Etch is 4.0. From memory Sarge supported m68k.

Regarding this item, it's not clear what the title "Revival of the m68k port?" means. Is this suggesting m68k could become again an official architecture? If yes, the blog post is a very weak suggestion of that. If not, the paragraph's content seems misleading.

The paragraph says "Thorsten Glaser recently started to work on" ["limited support of the C library and other parts of the toolchain"]. But the work that's been done seems to target at best getting back to where m68k was when it was excluded from consideration by testing migration. It's one thing to get a base system working but another one to get most of the archive compiled.

In a recent<a href="http://www.pro-linux.de/umfragen/2/27/welche-ist-die-wichtigste-distribution.html";>poll
by the German Pro-Linux Webzine</a>, Debian was named as the most important
Linux distribution by 47% of the participants.
I'm not sure in English, but in French we would just say "Debian was named the most important...", without the "as".

According to the<a href="http://udd.debian.org/bugs.cgi";>Bugs Search
         interface of the Ultimate Debian Database</a>, the upcoming release,
	Debian 6.0<q>Squeeze</q>, is currently affected by
200 release-critical bugs.
The number is currently 271.