Re: Debian Project News 2010/10 frozen. Please review and translate

Hi!

Am 24.08.2010 21:11, schrieb Filipus Klutiero:

> Thank you Alexander, here are my remarks:
[ where fixed before sending the issue out ]

>> According to the<a
>> href="http://bts.turmzimmer.net/details.php";>unofficial
>>     release-critical bug counter</a>, the upcoming release,
>>     Debian 6.0<q>Squeeze</q>, is currently affected by
>> 302 release-critical bugs. Ignoring bugs which are easily solved
>>     or on the way to being solved, roughly speaking, about
>> 128 release critical bugs remain to be solved for the
>>     release to happen.
> Assuming this is valid as of August 20 (based on
> http://blog.schmehl.info/Debian/rc-stats/2010-33 ), the high number is
> wrong. It counts duplicate bug reports. These need to be ignored by
> checking the "merged" checkbox (although clearly, it's a problem of the
> RC bugs count that duplicates are counted, even by default). As of now,
> the high number should be 262.

Ah, I think that was introduced recently, when the paragraph was
rewritten.  Maybe it should be more something like: "The [bts] currently
knows about 302 release-critical bug reports.  Ignoring bugs multiple
reported bugs, bugs which are easily solved or on the way to being
solved, [..]".

BTW: I have been told, that basing the numbers on the unofficial bts
leads to wrong numbers, because of several bugs in the code behind
bts.turmzimmer.net.  So sooner or later, the script creating the stats
should be rewritten to get the numbers directly from the bts.  (To the
best of my knowledge via soap?)

Best regards,
  Alexander