Re: [RFR] templates://apt-cacher-ng/{apt-cacher-ng.templates}

(I'm ignoring grammar errors below until we've got the content
sorted out.)

> Template: apt-cacher-ng/gentargetmode
> Type: select
> _Choices: Setup once, Setup now and update later, No automated setup
> _Default: Create once
>  Apt-cacher-ng can request packages from a mirror of your choosing, instead of
>  the one requested by the client. To configure this feature, sets of source
>  mirrors needs to be configured for various distributions.

Well, it's clear now that you aren't talking about the transparent
proxying of client machines' requests for packages from the ACNG
server to a Debian mirror.  It remains unclear what functionality
you *are* talking about.  Please give an example!

A user on a client machine runs "sudo apt-get install foo".  Without
"rerouting", the request would be passed on from http://server.lan
to http://ftp.de.debian.org; with "rerouting", what happens?  And
why is that useful?

(I'm sure this is all explained somewhere in the documentation, but
you can't expect users to have read that at install time.)
	sysadmin, and clearly no clue about this particular package