Re: Template into which the synopsis should fit (was: Request for review of a new package's description)

Ben Finney wrote:
> Justin B Rye <jbr@edlug.org.uk> writes:
>>  the package $PACKAGE provides (a/the) $SYNOPSIS
>
> Two points on this.
>
> When did you start using “provides” (instead of “is”) in this template?
> I think it's an improvement, but it's the first time I recall seeing it.

See end of
http://lists.debian.org/debian-l10n-english/2008/08/msg00004.html

> We need a name for this putative template. The synopsis should, we
> assert, fit into this template, but what do we *call* that template for
> ease of discussing it with others?

Well, there are quite a few other names for phrasal templates -
they're also known as "cloze exercises", "fill-in-the-blanks
puzzles", or (at least in en_US) "Mad Libs"...
--
JBR
Ankh kak! (Ancient Egyptian blessing)