Re: [RFR] templates://netselect/{templates}

Christian Perrier wrote:
[...]
>> Wait, where did the Squid neighbou^Hr bit go?
>
> To the trashcan. That was intended. I'm not convinced by giving 2 or 3
> examples: why those ones and not others and why not just left it to
> the intelligence of the reader to figure out what such utility could
> be good about?

Oh, okay.  I suppose I just liked having "least laggy" as an extra
way of expressing the same idea, but it would be an odd thing to use
as a search term.

[...]
>>> + It can output a
>>>   sources.list(5) file that can be used with apt(8).
>>
>> apt(8) is pretty useless.  Maybe we should say apt-get(8)?
>
> Or "that can be used with APT" which would mean "the entire crowd of
> utilities built around APT stuff" as this also includes aptitude,
> indeed.
>
> Could also be "that can be used by package management tools, such as
> apt or aptitude"

I think "a sources.list(5) file usable with APT" would do; there are
further leads in that man page's SEE ALSO.  The hard part for
newbies is the config-file name "sources.list", not apt*.
--
JBR
Ankh kak! (Ancient Egyptian blessing)