Re: Request for improve a package description

fabien boucher wrote:
> For the long desc i think explaining that the library comes with an XML-RPC
> interface description language is really important.

That's the part that doesn't make sense to me (I can see that the
.deb contains software that can compile XDL code into C... but in
what sense does it also contain the language?), so I'll just take
your word for it.

> So following your point of view the rewrite could be :
>
> Package: libxr
>  This cross-platform XML-RPC library supports persistent HTTP/1.1
>  connections over SSL. It comes with XML-RPC interface description
>  language and client/server code compiler.

This definitely needs an indefinite article:

   connections over SSL. It comes with an XML-RPC interface description
                                       ^^
[...]
>  Development headers needed to compile programs that use libxr.
[...]
>  Debugging symbols useful for tracking down bugs in
>  applications with libxr.

I could insist on turning these into complete sentences, but "This
package provides..." gets very repetitive.  Of course you could just
scramble them slightly:

   The development headers for compiling programs that use libxr are
   provided by this package.
[...]
   The debugging symbols for tracking down bugs in applications
   that use libxr are provided by this package.

Or maybe they're okay as they are - any other reviewers out there?