Re: [LCFC] templates://syscp/{templates}

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 09:26:14AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Template: syscp/customer-dir
> Type: string
> Default: /var/lib/syscp/customers
>  SysCP will be configured to save customer data in one location.
>  Subdirectories will be created for web services ("webs"), mail
>  accounts ("mail"), temporary files ("tmp"), and log files ("log").
                                                               logs
The created directory is s/log/logs.

>  .
>  If you leave this empty, the default "/var/lib/syscp/customers"
>  directory will be used. However, upstream developers use
>  "/var/customers", so if you already have customer data somewhere, such
>  as data originating from a former installation, or if you want an
>  entirely different directory to hold the customers' data, you can enter
>  the directory path here.
>
> Template: syscp/no-config
> Type: note
>  Please note that, in order to keep your current installation safe, SysCP did
>  not reconfigure the mail or FTP servers. They should be configured
>  to use the MySQL table provided by SysCP.
                    database
Maybe I'm reading it wrong but SysCP actually doesn't have just one
table but a database of many tables.

>  .
>  SysCP also requires cron jobs. These are not installed automatically
>  because they cause web server reloads, which you probably want to keep
>  controlled.
>  .
>  Some example configurations may be found in /usr/share/doc/syscp/examples.

Christian, are you going to sort this note out and make a README.Debian
for it as we discussed earlier? I'd appreciate it as this would mean the
README file gets reviewed as well. :)

Thanks!
Hauke