Re: Item lists bulletting (was: Re: RFC: Better formatting for long descriptions)

to, 2009-04-16 kello 08:42 +0200, Christian Perrier kirjoitti:
> I have never been able to find any such solid reference for English.
> There is probably something in the Chicago Manual of Style, that's
> generally accepted as the Right Reference for en_US.
>
> Maybe more input from our experts on debian-l10n-english?

I'm not an expert, but I have the 14th edition of the CMS. It says both
bullets and dashes are acceptable (8.77, page 314, for reference).

(I am not expressing an opinion for or against the normalization of long
description markup.)