Re: [RFR] mod-spamhaus package

Giuseppe Iuculano wrote:

Present 3rd-person-singular: "that denies".

Hyphenate known-bad.  Mind you, is it clear?  It could mean an IP
address known not to be resolvable.  Also, can we guarantee none of
these IP addresses are just ADSL users on a dynamic address range?
Maybe just say "listed IP addresses".

Oh, and "it denies access to X" is ambiguous: denies people access
to X, or denies X access (to stuff)?  Simpler to say "blocks".

>  mod_spamhaus is an Apache module that use DNSBL in order to block spam

Pr-3-Sg "that uses".

I would expand the abbreviation to "DNS Block Listing" here, though
Wikipedia calls this "somewhat controversial".

>  relay via web forms, preventing URL injection, block http DDoS attacks
>  from bots and generally protecting your web service denying access to a
>  known bad IP address.

Hard to parse.

"Your" web service may be somebody else's.

If you want a paragraph break, you should have an "empty" line.

>  It takes advantage of the Spamhaus Block List (SBL) and the Exploits Block List
>  (XBL) querying sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org

Short on punctuation; reordering makes it easier.

So that's:

   mod_spamhaus is an Apache module for DNS Block Listing that protects web
   services by denying access to particular IP addresses. It can stop spam
   relaying via web form URL injection, and block HTTP DDoS attacks from
   bot-nets.
   .
   It queries sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org, taking advantage of the Spamhaus Block
   List (SBL) and the Exploits Block List (XBL).