OT - was: [RFR] templates://mailagent/{templates.master}

Christian Perrier wrote:
> Manoj's (hmmm, Justin would there be a special exception to possessive
> form when a word ends up with a "j"? I find this pretty impossible to
> pronounce!) version is great.

The spelling system is no guide to pronunciation; it fabricates a
difference between -S, -'S and -S' while failing to represent the
real difference between "Sam's" (one syllable) and "Max's" (two).

The rule there is that words ending in sibilant sounds (such as
both parts of the names "Bruce Willis" or "George Bush") are
pronounced with an extra unstressed vowel before a sibilant suffix,
whether it's a plural ending ("batches"), a present tense
third-person singular ("pushes") or a possessive ("Max's").

So if Manoj rhymes with doge, Manoj's rhymes with doges.