Re: RFR: vttest (description)

Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Wen-Yen Chuang (caleb@calno.com):
>>  This is a program designed to test the functionality of a VT100
>>  terminal (or emulator). Analysis of VT220, VT420, and xterm are also
>>  provided.
>
> I also discourage the use of "This is <foo>". "This package provides
> <foo>" should be preferred.
>
>  This package provides a program designed to test the functionality of
>  a VT100 terminal (or emulator). Analysis of VT220, VT420, and xterm
>  are also provided.

If we add "provides" in that first line, we should probably lose it
in the last.  And now that I think about it... "analysis (singular)
of X, Y and Z _are_ (plural) provided"?  It's natural as spoken
English, but I suppose I'd better recommend de-passivising:

   This package provides a program designed to test the functionality of
   a VT100 terminal (or emulator). It also supports analysis of VT220,
   VT420, and xterm.