Re: [RFR] templates://auctex/{auctex/templates}

Quoting Frank Küster (frank@kuesterei.ch):

> > - A weekly cron job will also take care of updating the data collected now,
> > - so usually you won't need to worry about them whenever you install new
> > + A weekly cron job will also take care of updating this data,
> > + and therefore no specific action is required whenever you install new
> >   (La)TeX packages or remove old ones.
> >
> > slightly simplify the sentence
>
> I'm not the maintainer of auctex, just someone who cares for it (and
> might well submit later patches to the templates), but here's my two
> cent:
>
> I'm a bit old-fashioned here, so this wording hurts.  Please, s/this
> data/these data/.

Sure. I just did s/this/these as of now. We'll see with others' comments.

> >  Standards-Version: 3.7.2
> > -Build-Depends-Indep: emacs22 | emacs21 | emacs-snapshot, eperl, gs-gpl | gs, po-debconf, texlive-latex-base, texinfo, texi2html (>=1.76-1)
> > +Homepage: http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/
>
> Hm, you don't want to replace the B-D-I by the Homepage field, do you?

Sure again. Just a mistake. The Homepage field is of course *added*.

> This is only half correct, content-wise.  The package refuses to work
> with XEmacs, but the auctex version in XEmacs is often quite old.  I
> don't know the current state in Debian, but generally when you ask
> upstream it all boils down to "You shouldn't use XEmacs when you want
> AUCTeX", and vice versa.
>
> I don't have a good suggestion to phrase that in a neutral way which
> doesn't sound deprecatingly to anyone...

I made this the following:

 As XEmacs is shipped with a custom (and rather old) version of
 AUCTeX version, this package should only be used with GNU/Emacs.

> >  Package: preview-latex-style
> >  Architecture: all
> >  Depends: tex-common
> >  Recommends: doc-base
> >  Conflicts: preview-latex (<=0.7.3-2)
> > - These style files are allow previewing LaTeX environments such as math or
> > - figures in editors which support it.
> > - .
> > - Homepage: http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/preview-latex.html
> > +Homepage: http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/preview-latex.html
>
> I don't think that is a good description.  IMO, the interesting point is
> indeed that particular parts (actually environments and commands) of a
> LaTeX document are replaced by an embedded version of the output.
> Therefore, "embedded" should be kept, and I think using "environments"
> is better than not mentioning at all that we are dealing with parts.

I went back to:

So, just adding an hyphen....