Re: [RFR] templates://proofgeneral/{proofgeneral.templates}

Quoting Justin B Rye (jbr@edlug.org.uk):

> > I think that all this description is missing what a "proof assistant"
> > is.  From the context in the following packages, one can guess this is
> > about mathematics.
>
> So maybe it should say something about "proof assistants
> (interactive tools for developing formal proofs)"?  Or this may be a
> justifiable case of "if you don't already know what that means,
> you'll probably never need to know"...

I don't buy such argument.

Package descriptions are meant to help our user figuring out what the
package would do on their system.

With recent package database search tools such as apt-cache or
ept-cache, having good descriptions which really explain what the
software is meant for is very important and I don't think that "if you
don't know what I'm talking about, you probably don't need me" is
enough.

 "(interactive tools for developing formal proofs)" is OK except that
it is missing the "Mathematics" keyword, which seems important
(assuming that all this is about software that's useful only in
mathematics....which I have no clue about.