Re: [RFR] templates://ssl-cert/{templates}

Christian Perrier wrote:
>> "Country's subdivision" doesn't work.  I'd suggest "political
>> subdivision".
>
> Hmmm, I'd prefer "Administrative subdivision" as such things aren't
> really "political".

They're political(ly determined) rather than objective geographical
units, but yes, "administrative" is better.

> Of course, these things are complicated in GB as ISO-3166-2 lists
> "First level divisions", namely Scotland, England, Wales, Northern
> Ireland, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and "Divisions" which are
> counties, London boroughs, metropolitan districts unitary authorities,
> Northern Ireland and Scotland council areas, ie a big mess of various
> things altogether in a category (as we wrote in the iso-codes
> package).
>
> We should probably pick a county to have a good example (for France, I
> would pick one of our "Départements"....indeed, in the translation, I
> picked my home city's Département).
>
> I'm OK to put "Edinburgh, City of", of course..:-)

Edinburgh's a bad example since it isn't obvious what kind of thing
that's an example of.

>> so I'll assume that approach is standard and suggest the
>> DefaultChoice value of "England" instead of "Some-State".
>
> ...or Scotland..:)

I was avoiding that just because it seemed egocentric, but come to
think of it "England" would confuse any en_US users who think it
covers the whole thing.

Given that the "Debian centre of gravity" is near Cambridge, maybe
we should use stateOrProvinceName=Cambridgeshire,
localityName=Cambridge?
--
JBR
Ankh kak! (Ancient Egyptian blessing)